Super Contributor

PETER THOMAS ROTH VS. PERRICONE VS. ALGENIST??????

Hi everyone! I'm looking for 2 new products to help in 2 areas: toning my neck area & using acid peels. Can anyone offer me some recommendations?

I'm 63 with fair skin that is somewhat sensitive. It tends to be oily, esp. in the T-zone. I'm interested in gaining a more even tone and texture to my skin. I'm blessed with good genes that have left me with few wrinkles at my age. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I've tried Strivectin for my neck and was not impressed. I use Perricone's treatment for pores, which I like, and Peter Thomas Roth's Firmx Peeling Gel, which I think is helping. I'm wondering if I can add some kind of daily pad treatment.

The only caveat is that I need to avoid anything creamy on my face.

Thank you in advance! Smile

p.s. If you can throw in an eye product that can be used on the lid......and works......I'd appreciate that too.

Super Contributor

Re: PETER THOMAS ROTH VS. PERRICONE VS. ALGENIST??????

{#emotions_dlg.blushing} Oh my! How embarrassing!

I'm new to the boards and this is the first and only thread I've ever tried to post. Apparently I goofed in a BIG way.....................but I don't know how.

Can someone tell me why no one is posting? What did I do wrong? Help, please {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Anyone?
Honored Contributor

Hi Irishrose,

I like the PTR peel pads. I have sensitive skin and I can use those (alternating with the Firm X gel) and I don't have any problems.

Super Contributor

Many Algenist products are oil free, which you may like for your skin. They also make a nice eye gel. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Irishrose,

Sometimes it just takes a while for others to respond so don't worry you did something wrong because your question/posting is just fine. Not all threads get a ton of response which is no reflection on you. Some just may not have any great suggestions to give.

Hopefully you will get some feedback. As far as pads go, I have used Dr Denese's, PTR's and Dr Gross. I personally saw no benefit from either Dr D or PTR (and I like a lot of PTR products) but do like Dr Gross's.

I don't have a great suggestion for the neck but know many here do use products they really like ............ hopefully some will provide you with their favorites.

And check out the Algenist eye gel Gazelle mentioned as I think some really like it. There should be reviews you can read on the product description page.

If you originally posted late in the evening, that is a time when many have signed off for the night and a post can get overlooked by the time morning comes.

Super Contributor

Thank you all for your responses. I have some research to do now. (I love reading reviews {#emotions_dlg.wub} )

Wackers, TY for explaining how the boards work. Much appreciated! Smile

Valued Contributor

I've posted and had NO response-- -Smiley Very Happy
Trusted Contributor

Irishrose136 - I've read raves about Perricone's Neck Firming Therapy and PTRs FirmX Neck & Décolleté Crème, as well as BareMinerals Neck Cream.

I began using Dr. Gross's Alpha Beta Peel Pads nearly 7 years ago and they quickly became a HG for me. I currently use the Extra Strength Formula.

As far as upper eye area treatments, I learned about Isomers Fast Lift Eye Serum back in the summer of '07 and bought my first bottle in Aug. of that year. One of the individuals who recommended it said I should apply it 3 times daily the first 30 days, then AM and PM after that. She also said I needed to allow 6 months to see full results. I decided to follow her directions and within months I saw a huge difference in my upper eye area, including my eyelids. It only takes one drop split between two fingers to treat both upper eye areas, so a bottle lasts a long time. I also really like PerriconeMD Acyl-Gluathione Eye Lid Serum. It really firms my upper eye area. I currently use the Perricone serum in the AM and Isomers FLES in the PM.

Which PerriconeMD treatment are you using for your pores, Intensive Pore Minimizer or Intensive Pore Treatment?
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 1/14/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: I've posted and had NO response-- -Smiley Very Happy

That's not uncommon, Irishrose. I posted in this forum on Jan. 9 about the Perricone Intensive Pore Treatment. Last time I checked (Jan. 14), my post had 128 views and no responses at all. Smiley Happy