Honored Contributor

Re: PETER THOMAS ROTH TSV- buyer beware!!

@cmoose wrote:

I just think it's strange that no one complains of the watery consistency on the Sephora site but many do on the QVC reviews. Maybe the formula has changed and Sephora has the older product- who knows. 

I did message the company on Facebook but of course haven't heard back. 

I also agree that sometimes more is just more- not better. Some of the supersized products are just too big. I get so excited to feel like I'm getting such a deal if I buy a supersized product but honestly I almost never use anywhere near the entire product as I usually move on. 

I love that QVC offers so many beauty products. I love  to watch the presentations, it's a nice way to learn about the product and how best to them. I do think there are some great deals. I just don't want to be take advantage of. 

I bet that's my issue...it is a QVC "bottle', and it's watery.  I still will use it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Occasional Contributor

Following with interest.  I bought this from QVC and have used it religiously.....figured that if he specified the retinol content as 1.5 % it had to be the case due to QVC's stringent legal standards as someone mentioned.  I haven't had any visible results.  And yes, it's very watery.  So now I'm wondering if anyone has contacted PTR, QVC, or Sephora about this discrepancy.  Someone should be able to address this issue and I for one would like to see it addressed.  My hunch is it will be a case of pass the buck.  

Regular Contributor

I head back from someone at PTR and here is what they said :

Hi there Karen! We have looked into this and it was a company error. Somewhere along the ingredient list was rearranged, and we have contacted QVC about updating it. The ingredient list listed on the packaging and Sephora is correct. Thank you for understanding!

So far the ingredient deck has not been changed on the QVC website.

Mystery solved?

Respected Contributor

@cmoose wrote:

I head back from someone at PTR and here is what they said :

Hi there Karen! We have looked into this and it was a company error. Somewhere along the ingredient list was rearranged, and we have contacted QVC about updating it. The ingredient list listed on the packaging and Sephora is correct. Thank you for understanding!

So far the ingredient deck has not been changed on the QVC website.

Mystery solved?

@cmoose  thank you so much for posting this. I just ordered! 

Honored Contributor

I only purchase skincare from a reputable skincare company or physician or medical based company like Skinsceuticals. 

PTR has said he started out as a jeweler w/ his family. How does that put him, in any way, in the same category as Dr. Gross products, Dr. Perricone or Dr. Denese? 

Esteemed Contributor

Is the mystery solved?!

On QVC & on the bottle from QVC: water is the 3rd; retinol is the 4th.

From your PTR response, they are saying that QVC has the labeling in error.

Shouldn't it be Sephora that mislabeled on their website?!

Regular Contributor

I just reposted what they sent to me....I don't have a bottle of the product to compare. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cmooseMisticmom in message #56 posted a photo of the QVC bottle and verified the order of water & retinol.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby wrote:

Whenever they say "made especially for QVC I know it's been cheapened and don't buy it. Period. 

Agreed, @Valstybaby. Many years ago when we bought our Sleep Number bed direct from Sleep Number, the customer service reps on the phone told me exactly that. The versions of their "made especially for QVC" beds are NOT the same as what Sleep Number sells direct to consumers. I heard an earful from them, so it was a no brainer. We were happy to pay a little more to buy direct from the company. So glad we did. I stopped buying anything from Q years ago and this was one of the main reasons why. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I only purchase skincare from a reputable skincare company or physician or medical based company like Skinsceuticals. 

PTR has said he started out as a jeweler w/ his family. How does that put him, in any way, in the same category as Dr. Gross products, Dr. Perricone or Dr. Denese? 

i personally use and love PTR products and perricone products. they both work well for me. most beauty and skincare purchases are a matter of personal choice. what works for some may not work for others. i would not doubt that PTR has a very good, reputable TEAM that does research and creates products that SOME of us have had success with.

i actually own a number of his jewelry pieces and they are unique and beautiful.....some purchased from qvc, some from his website.

Peter Thomas Roth’s passion for skin care is derived from his quest to find effective products to treat his own personal skin care concerns. Initially his primary issue was acne and as time went on anti-aging issues as well. His interests eventually grew into a desire to find the best tools to combat acne, the many signs of aging, as well as protecting the skin from sun damage. His mission: to combine effective and potent ingredients with advanced technology.

As the first generation child of Hungarian parents, skin care is an inherent part of Peter's heritage. During the 1800s and early 1900s, Peter's family owned and operated two spa resorts in Hungary. When Peter launched his company in 1993, he started with the basic soothing and healing philosophies of the many muds and minerals found in Hungarian thermal springs. While still giving credit to old-school remedies, Peter now uses the latest innovative and effective ingredients to improve on the formulas blending old Hungarian philosophies with 21st century skin care technologies to create effective skin care that does what it promises to do!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein