Honored Contributor

Re: PETER THOMAS ROTH TSV- buyer beware!!

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Just my opinion, but that response from PTR sounds like a "fluff off and appease the customer" email.

A wave of the arm, wave it all away with an "oops, ......so sorry", but yet never really addressing the issue of "why is it watery" as compared to his product of just a few years ago.

These supersized products, from any vendor, always make me leary. No company in the world is going to give product away just because they are nice.

After reading his entire thread, I am no closer to feeling trusting that I am not buying a big bottle of water Smiley Sad

Good detective work posters!

I could not care less if you buy this product, but don't disparage a vendor when the vendor has already addressed the so called "issue".  There IS no issue.  I seriously doubt he'd lie!  He'd get booted from QVC as other vendors in the past have.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Just my opinion, but that response from PTR sounds like a "fluff off and appease the customer" email.

A wave of the arm, wave it all away with an "oops, ......so sorry", but yet never really addressing the issue of "why is it watery" as compared to his product of just a few years ago.

These supersized products, from any vendor, always make me leary. No company in the world is going to give product away just because they are nice.

After reading his entire thread, I am no closer to feeling trusting that I am not buying a big bottle of water Smiley Sad

Good detective work posters!

I could not care less if you buy this product, but don't disparage a vendor when the vendor has already addressed the so called "issue".  There IS no issue.  I seriously doubt he'd lie!  He'd get booted from QVC as other vendors in the past have.

@winamac1 Agree! I just watched his 9am show and he adresses the ingredients and manufacturing some are questioning. He assured everyone that its exactly the same product in this super size as what is in the 1oz. The ingredient decks are identical and he manufactures it in his own factory in New Jersey. He directly said he does NOT mfg different versions for QVC or retail. It all is the same product everywhere it is sold. 

Really glad he was so direct and addressed those that have questioned his integrity and mfg practice of his products. 

Super Contributor

I was wondering how potent this product would stay after opening the huge bottle so many times over the year supply time frame. I always thought the benefit of smaller bottles was preserving the product's ingredients.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@homedecorator wrote:

I was wondering how potent this product would stay after opening the huge bottle so many times over the year supply time frame. I always thought the benefit of smaller bottles was preserving the product's ingredients.

Actually, it seems to me that the smaller bottles are getting exposure than the larger bottle due to the tiny hole in the larger bottle.  In reality, though, regardless of bottle size, both products are continuously being exposed to air since they aren't vacuum bottles.  As the product leaves the bottle, it is replaced by air.  Air is already in the bottle before you even open it.  How long, then, is an unopened bottle good for?

Anyways, I did decide to buy it.  I'm almost 59 and haven't been using any retniol product as part of my skin care regimen, so thought it was probably about time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jill and PTR addressed it again last night, he clearly stated it is the same formula found in stores and Jill added that it is in no way watered down. At least it shows they are reading this board.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Keep in mind too that this is 1.5% retinol.  that means that 98.5% of the other ingredients are something else.  So of course it has to have some water and other ingredients in it.  that does not mean it is 'watered down', it means that it is (as stated) a product with 98.5% non active ingredients in it...

I have been using this for about a year and my skin looks amazing.  I ordered this TSV and plan to fill up my smaller/dropper bottle. 

Regular Contributor

This has nothing to do with the item but talk about hard sell & talking over the host. Guess

that seems to be the norm anymore. I switched channels to HSN & the guy from M.Asam was on & he is so difficult to undertand anyway PLUS he kept butting in over the host.

These vendors need to back it up a notch! It is a huge turnoff!

Respected Contributor

I am beware at the fact he was just on Q selling jewelry last week?  

Honored Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

This has nothing to do with the item but talk about hard sell & talking over the host. Guess

that seems to be the norm anymore. I switched channels to HSN & the guy from M.Asam was on & he is so difficult to undertand anyway PLUS he kept butting in over the host.

Well, it is the vendor's product.  I usually see comments the other way around that the host talks all the time and won't let the vendor talk.  I know there are some hosts that are really hard-sell and talk so much you could barely get a word in edgewise.  One of them is on at midnight.  There's ALWAYS one option that is going to sell out any time now.  She would really get on my nerves if I stuck around to listen to her for long.

Honored Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

I'd much rather hear the vendor talk than the hosts. The vendors give you good info about the product and what it can do, the hosts just prattle on about how many sold, the value, get it now before it sells out bla h blah blah. Most only care about the product itself, not about the host's sister's daughter's best friend that uses it!