Esteemed Contributor

Re: PERFECT FORMULA VS JULEP

I use Perfect formula for years and it works for me.  I use ProStrong for my nail color when I want something different. I did order the Julep TSV mainly to try on my toes. Those nails seem to go from okay to a mess in a week. Depending on my toe nail experiment then I may try it on my nails. I  thought it might work for a quick nail fix for the weekend or in the middle of  a DIY project  when I'm really short on time. I'll try to post after a month and let you know my results.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My nails are pretty strong on their own. But Perfect Formula keeps the product ON. I used to have great luck with Essie's base coat and non-yellowing top coat - then they discontinued those two. I use PF Manicure Booster as a base and top coat. I painted my nails OPI Cajun Shrimp a week and a half ago. It's still on - no chipping, and I don't use gloves when cleaning, doing dishes, etc. Smiley Happy

I tried Julep and wanted so much to like it, but it didn't work at all for me. 

Respected Contributor

I do not understand what Julep is supposed to do.  It peels off and chips terribly.  

I gave it to a co-worker she had the same results!  She gave it to another co-worker and it peeled at the cuticle line.  I am surprised to hear it works for anyone.

Frequent Contributor

I picked up Sally Hansen 7 in 1 Nail treatment at the grocery store for $7. Ive been using it for 2 weeks and already my nails have grown and are stronger. Its a pretty clear pinkish color big square bottle, .045 FL Oz. Two thumbs up and $7!

Esteemed Contributor

@arizele-- I've been using the SH 7-in-1 for about 2 weeks now.  So far, so good.   But it's still early in the process.  I'm removing and reapplying twice a week - wear alone with no other polish.

I've used both Perfect Formula and Julep with poor results.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@arizele wrote:

I picked up Sally Hansen 7 in 1 Nail treatment at the grocery store for $7. Ive been using it for 2 weeks and already my nails have grown and are stronger. Its a pretty clear pinkish color big square bottle, .045 FL Oz. Two thumbs up and $7!

I have been using this as my top coat under my Poshe top coat, for several years now, I like it very much. Find it on ebay !!

When I fist started using it , it was called 4 in 1, then the formula was improved to be called 7 in 1.