Honored Contributor

Re: PERFECT FORMULA OR T.I.P.S. FOR NAIL

I have found I'm allergic to any nail polish, Perfect Formula included.  Maybe its the formaldehyde, but my nails will just dry out and crack at the edges.  So I stick to TIPS.  I will be checking out Family Dollar for the soybean oil, though.  TIPS is really expensive.  

Contributor

I've used Nail Magic for the past 15 years. I buy it at Sally's for less than $10 and it lasts around 3 months. It gives your nails a slight sheen and a very slight shade of pink. I could never grow my nails due to peeling once the nail was beyond the nail bed. Now using Nail Magic I have to file my nails down! My nails are strong, but not brittle where they break if bumped, and they're healthy looking. You do have to go thru the grow out phase at first but then the new growth is strong. This stuff really is MAGIC!!

Frequent Contributor

Check the ingredients before you buy anything. Formaldehyde has no business in nail products.
Frequent Contributor

Please look at the ingredients, make sure they include things that are moisturizing that you recognize, biotin, keratin, things like that. Be careful of those that include formaldehyde, toluene, look for “3 free” or better.
Esteemed Contributor

Everyone's body chemistry is different, so some products may work for some but not for others.   My experience is that neither Perfect Formula or TIPS worked for me.  In fact, the TIPS oil turned my nails brown and it took months to grow them back out to "normal."    

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

ughhh havent had my nails looking good since march. yes i have acrylics, had them for 20 yrs. my real nails are ruined. since i cant get them done i dont even bother with them. 1st week or so i went out and got hard as nails. well that did nothing lol... so i gave up, amd im waiting for the nail salon to open again which should be in the next 2 weeks or so. my nails are so short and horrible looking. yes acrylics ruined them. but i will always have acrylics. the past few months have actually been good for my nails. they actually are able to breath.. lol.. since i had acrylics on i never went without them. every 2 weeks i get them done. i do miss it. and i cant wait! it does add up money wise though. but its good to do something for yourself.