Honored Contributor

Re: PEELING FROM P.C. 1%RETINOL, MY SCRUB NOT HELPING...

@Dazlin 

Have you ever tried using a muslin cloth? I use one when I have some flakes. Use a damp muslin cloth right after cleansing, when the skin is damp and the flakes are soft and take the cloth in a single layer to gently rub away the dead skin. Don't rub back and forth but only in one direction until the skin is cleared of dead skin. Works really well. I buy the Karlling brand from Amazon. Comes in a 10-pack for $8.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought my first Josie Maran product the other night, her Argan Daily Pineapple Enzyme Pore Cleanser (duo), hopefully I wont have any flakey days + plus I need a cleanser, Im about out. Im excited to try this.

I have used Isomers Enzyme Peel for the face for many years and I love it but I am waiting for her bonus size so I thought this looked interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@kittycatmeow wrote:

I get peeling from using Retina-A  and I use Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peeling Gel to remove the flaking.  This stuff is awesome and it's amazing how clean my face feels after using it, almost like my skin can breathe again! It's the only thing that works for me to get rid of the peeling.  I literally see the dirt rolling off.  My tip is to keep it on for a few minutes before using.

While many think this product is peeling their skin off, it's the product balling up and rubbing off.  I'm sure skin cells are coming off, but after reading the reviews, many think it's skin coming off.   However, I imagine it would be good to remove skin flakes too.

Cellulose is right at the top of the ingredient list. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  - Is cellulose the ingredient that is  making the product ball up?  

@San Antonio Gal  Yes, I'm pretty sure because cellulose is a gel. Early in my skincare journey, I was using Cure Aqua Gel.  It was all the rage but turned out to be a similar situation where it was the product balling up rather than any real exfoliation happening. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

If you took a handful of cotton balls and put them in a blender you end up with cellulose fibers. When you add water to that it turns into a gooey, slimy gel type substance used to thicken stuff.