Super Contributor

PAGING******************************Lobstergal

A few years ago you recommended a Sally Hanson product for weak and splitting nails. What was it and would you still recommend it, plz? Anyway, I finally had my acrylics removed after 40 years.

Hope you are doing well. I haven't seen you in forever!

TIA

Super Contributor

Re: PAGING******************************Lobstergal

Hi Sfc!  The Sally Hansen I recommended is Miracle Cure and another one I highly recommend is Nail Tek II. Both are for weak, peeling, splitting nails and if I had to choose one over the other I would probably pick the Nail Tek, but they are both equally effective in my opinion. Both are easily available at Walgreen's and lots of other stores. I know it's hard to get used to natural nails after removing acrylics you've worn for a long time and it will take several months before your nails start to look healthy and feel strong again. Even short nails can still look pretty if you take care of the cuticles and polish them! 

I haven't been on here or posting as much as I used to but I'm still lurking around! 

Respected Contributor

@Southernfriedchick, if I may but in or shall I say butt in with my butt I have another suggestion. Hard As Hoofs Cream sold at Walmart where the Sally Hansen products are sold. It's in a jar and sells for $4.95. This suff is a miracle care IMO. Many women have had awesome results with this. It is suggested to use it 3 x day until nails improve then once a day thereafter. Best stuff that I have ever used!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thank you so much for posting. I will look for the products you mentioned!

Hope you will keep lurking. I'm doing a lot of it myself.

Thank you! 

Super Contributor

Tricolor, you may do whatever you wish. LOL

I will look for the cream and start using it. Does it take a long time to see results?

Thank you so much!

Respected Contributor

@Southernfriedchick, it takes about 3-4 weeks to see results. Many of the Qool Chicks are using it and very happy with the results.