Esteemed Contributor

Re: PACKING TOILETRIES FOR FLIGHT OMG!

@Nightowlz - I know, I've seen it too, lol.

Super Contributor

Discussing packing toiletries for a flight never gets old.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

Discussing packing toiletries for a flight never gets old.

@Lucky Dog .  You got that right! LOL

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I put everything in my luggage. The only stuff I carry on are things I want on the plane. Book, magazine, small blanket. Depends on length of the flight.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Do you ever get where you are going & some of your cosmetics were stolen out of your luggage so now you have to figure out where to buy stuff that you had to purchase online???

I have heard they go through luggage to steal from people.

I don't even leave our toiletries bag in a hotel room when we leave in fear of someone stealing something I need.

We don't leave anything in the room if we are not there.

@Nightowlz . I have been flying for over 50 years and have never had anything stolen out of my bags. That would be the last thing I would worry about when I fly.

@proudlyfromNJ @Nightowlz  - I've always left everything in my hotel room and not worry about it.  The only thing I wouldn't leave in the room would be cash or something valuable - like jewelry.  Everything else is easily replaceable. @proudlyfromNJ  - I'd hate to have to drag my personal belongings with me everytime I left the room. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I put everything in my luggage. The only stuff I carry on are things I want on the plane. Book, magazine, small blanket. Depends on length of the flight.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Do you ever get where you are going & some of your cosmetics were stolen out of your luggage so now you have to figure out where to buy stuff that you had to purchase online???

I don't even leave our toiletries bag in a hotel room when we leave in fear of someone stealing something I need.

@Nightowlz . I have been flying for over 50 years and have never had anything stolen out of my bags. That would be the last thing I would worry about when I fly.

@proudlyfromNJ @Nightowlz  - I've always left everything in my hotel room and not worry about it.  The only thing I wouldn't leave in the room would be cash or something valuable - like jewelry.  Everything else is easily replaceable. @proudlyfromNJ  - I'd hate to have to drag my personal belongings with me everytime I left the room. 

@San Antonio Gal . Yeah, I leave everything in the room except purse, money and passport. If I am sightseeing, I need to have a light a load as possible.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Ditto.  I was going to say the exact same thing.  Never.

Esteemed Contributor

Use a slightly bigger sandwich bag like one that is about 11.5 inches by 10.5 inches in size and just fill it half way and then fold it over and close the bag. That's what I do when I fly and I haven't had any problems. Anything liquid you can buy at your destination like shampoo and conditioner or that you don't need to take with you leave at home.

When I go to Las Vegas I don't bring shampoo or body wash. I bring a tube of conditioner from hair color kits in order to co-wash my hair as I'm using a carry-on suitcase and not a checked bag. I know I'm likely going to be buying cosmetics when I'm in Las Vegas so I plan for it and if I feel I have too much liquid stuff coming back I'll toss out stuff like antiperspirant and a nasal saline wash before I pack to go home.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, please check the original date of this thread...7/19/2018.

Respected Contributor

Just got back from a trip to Ca.  I threw most of my toiletries in my carry on.   I only put things like hand cream in the little plastic bag for review.  All my cosmetics got packed in my cosmetics bag...   mascara, lipsticks, etc.  I don't use a liquid foundation,  so I can't speak for that.  For my fragrance,  I took those little samples that I havel in fragrances that I like.  I recently made a BB purchase and one of the samples at the end that I could choose was a small vial of Beach, which I love,  and I took that with me.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

@San Antonio Gal 

I'm not leaving my stuff in the hotel room. I have read stories online about being ripped off. Things may be easily replaceable but not while I'm on vacation. All the makeup, shampoo/cond, skin care products I buy all online. I don't want to use stuff from the drugstore.

All we take to the room is a bag with a change of clothes, toiletries bag, my iPad & purse & DH's laptop. If we leave the room it all goes with us except change of clothes bag since I have more in the car. LOL!!!

I would not be happy if my makeup was stolen & I had to go shopping while on the road.