Respected Contributor

Re: PACKING TOILETRIES FOR FLIGHT OMG!

@Shanus

To be extra safe, I put my clothing in plastic bags and tape shut.  All my toiletries are in separate plastic bags and then in one large one that is taped shut.

once one item leaked but it was confined and did no damage.  Most of the spilled stuff was gathered and out into another container.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I have samples of all the skincare, creams, foundation, I use so thats what I pack. Can use them up in a couple days than throw them away. No tiny bottles to spill or try to fit in tiny pouches.

Honored Contributor

I hate to deal with carry-on luggage.  I check everything but my handbag and a small tote with my reading material.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

70389E0B-B9C0-46DD-B0AA-F6312F39449F.jpeg

My newest idea...for flying these could be smaller. Just received these and now I’m looking for magnets (round) so they can be hung on a metal bulletin board. 

A smaller size for suitcase might be nice b/c you can see inside them.

Liquids are a hassle, ITA. They may not spill on your clothing if wrapped up tightly? Of course, the TSA goes thru and juggles everything all up. My latest idea of using sandwich bags with a label inside works well for me.

I hope you have fun!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Use ziplock bags, the really good ones and double bag. I do this all the time and never has any liquid leak or break. Pack it between your clothing.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Shanus

70389E0B-B9C0-46DD-B0AA-F6312F39449F.jpeg

My newest idea...for flying these could be smaller. Just received these and now I’m looking for magnets (round) so they can be hung on a metal bulletin board. 

A smaller size for suitcase might be nice b/c you can see inside them.

Liquids are a hassle, ITA. They may not spill on your clothing if wrapped up tightly? Of course, the TSA goes thru and juggles everything all up. My latest idea of using sandwich bags with a label inside works well for me.

I hope you have fun!

@LTT1  The only thing that didn’t make it was a nail polish...in 2 ziplocks, so OK.

Super Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I hate to deal with carry-on luggage.  I check everything but my handbag and a small tote with my reading material.  

I agree! We fly to Europe about every six months and I check everything. Toiletries go in luggage in double ziploc bags...never have had a problem. I carry my purse and a book on the plane. These people trying to shove their huge backpacks, luggage, etc in the overhead bin drive me nuts. They inevitably have to pull them down and dig through them blocking the aisle for ten minutes.

As others have said just take the necessities and make do. It's only 8 days.

Honored Contributor

Another option for liquid foundations for trips is to go to a cosmetic counter & ask for a sample of the foundation you use. Hopefully they put it in a small flat bottomed container rather than a small opening container. It’s far easier to dip a brush into a large open area than try to squeeze out a few drops onto a brush from a smaller opening jar.

I also save some of my GWP jars when they are empty & transfer my skin care lotions into the appropriately labeled jar. Same for the Bi-facial & toners. I store all in a soft sided train case. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Remember only liquids or gels need to go in the quart bag.  I was surprised how much they actually hold.  Toothpaste seems to take the most space...

Honored Contributor

I have and  pack samples for my skincare, my hair, sun screen  and have an all-in-one makeup kit that closes up into a small box. Samples you use once or twice and toss away. I buy small travel size of toothpaste,  hairspray, deoderant,  body lotion, body wash--at my destination and usually throw those away too. Takes up a tiny amount of space and never have any liquids to show.