Honored Contributor

P.T. Barnum was right when he said "There's a sucker born every minute", that's me! I read about something on a beauty blog, I thought I had to have it. It is the Nooni Marshmallow Whip Maker. You put a little liquid facial cleanser in the container, add a little bit of water, and use the pump to make a thick kind of bubbly cleanser that won't run (sort of mask like) to clean your face. It was an epic fail for me! When will I ever learn (I'm not out much money it was $8 or $10)? I say save your money.

Trusted Contributor

I get it.

Sounds like a great idea and if it's a beauty item, even better.

I try to wait a little bit and see if I still want it.

Usually I don't, which serves me well.

Respected Contributor

Change out the product and I could have written this post myself. I am always buying and trying some new facial product. There have been a lot of fails, but I have found some winners too,

Try not to beat yourself up too much.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: P.T. Barnum Was Right

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

P.T. Barnum was right when he said "There's a sucker born every minute", that's me! I read about something on a beauty blog, I thought I had to have it. It is the Nooni Marshmallow Whip Maker. You put a little liquid facial cleanser in the container, add a little bit of water, and use the pump to make a thick kind of bubbly cleanser that won't run (sort of mask like) to clean your face. It was an epic fail for me! When will I ever learn (I'm not out much money it was $8 or $10)? I say save your money.

So what would be the harm in getting an empty Softsoap anti bacterial container, adding your liquid cleanser and some bottled water?

Shake to mix, ingredients already on hand.

When there's something I GOTTA HAVE I look for travel, trial or GWP items on the bay. Saves me money and loads of regrets.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  Join the club. Who hasn't had a similar experience! Don't even think about it one more minute. I've done it before and I'll probably do it again! 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So what would be the harm in getting an empty Softsoap anti bacterial container, adding your liquid cleanser and some bottled water?

Shake to mix, ingredients already on hand.

When there's something I GOTTA HAVE I look for travel, trial or GWP items on the bay. Saves me money and loads of regrets.

I don’t think in theory you would get the same results. Supposedly your putting a lot of air into the soap, making it thick and frothy. I’m going to give it one more chance before I toss it ( maybe it’s me).

Honored Contributor

I used this again today with only slightly better results. I felt like I was churning butter, it really isn't worth the time I have to put into it, prolongs your face washing routine.

Respected Contributor

Don' t feel bad. These vendors do an excellent job of convincing us that their product will reclaim our youth. So many of us are guilty of it. I am slowly learning to accept what aging is doing to me. However, I still want to maintain what I have. Products are important for me for hydration but I don't expect miracles. I do believe that fitness, diet, and heredity are more important contributing factors. 

Respected Contributor
Yes, when I was younger I bought into more hype. It's a learning curve. I still fall off the wagon. We all do and that's ok by me.
We learn as we go.