Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,177
Registered: ‎07-04-2014

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

QVC must have sent out a memo because for the last week the hosts have gone from the double cheek kiss the air to a single kiss with a hug !  Somebody reads the forum entries !

Super Contributor
Posts: 369
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

 I think all the hugging and cheek kissing is uncalled for.  Shawn seems to do it all the time on her shows.  It's unnecessary. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,233
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging


@esmerelda wrote:
Not a soap opera? You have a model PG by a vendor. That's right out of afternoon TV.

 

What are you talking about?    

 

And what's  PG ???

Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,233
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging


@TY wrote:
The fake hugging and kissing is to imply that they are sophisticated and worldly European jet setters.

Well, it doesn't work!

 

 

Where did you get that idea?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,857
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

maybe the hosts and vendors are really that close.they all have such strange hours to work that they don't have as much opportunity to entertain at home.I notice that Lisa still meets with vendors and hosts for lunch etc.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,857
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

Pg is Stacey Anne's  condition that will result in the birth of a baby boy soon

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,572
Registered: ‎07-29-2012

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@TY wrote:
The fake hugging and kissing is to imply that they are sophisticated and worldly European jet setters.

Well, it doesn't work!

 

 

Where did you get that idea?


 

 

In in my opinion all that hugging and kissing is supposed to represent cozy, friends, family, we all like each other and this has nothing to do with luring you in to make a purchase.  I had to admire Rick Dormeir last evening 7/31. When the very flirtatious dark haired vendor from the lobster company was finished, Rick Dormeir simply shook her hand and said goodbye.  Good for him.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,233
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging


@gmkb wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@TY wrote:
The fake hugging and kissing is to imply that they are sophisticated and worldly European jet setters.

Well, it doesn't work!

 

 

Where did you get that idea?


 

 

In in my opinion all that hugging and kissing is supposed to represent cozy, friends, family, we all like each other and this has nothing to do with luring you in to make a purchase.  I had to admire Rick Dormeir last evening 7/31. When the very flirtatious dark haired vendor from the lobster company was finished, Rick Dormeir simply shook her hand and said goodbye.  Good for him.

 


Okay, but them pretending to be "European jet setters" is  a stretch.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,572
Registered: ‎07-29-2012

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@TY wrote:
The fake hugging and kissing is to imply that they are sophisticated and worldly European jet setters.

Well, it doesn't work!

 

 

Where did you get that idea?


 

 

In in my opinion all that hugging and kissing is supposed to represent cozy, friends, family, we all like each other and this has nothing to do with luring you in to make a purchase.  I had to admire Rick Dormeir last evening 7/31. When the very flirtatious dark haired vendor from the lobster company was finished, Rick Dormeir simply shook her hand and said goodbye.  Good for him.

 


Okay, but them pretending to be "European jet setters" is  a stretch.


 

 

I agree with you.  This has NOTHING  to do with being European jet setters. just the opposite;  it has everything to do with making everyone feel warm and cozy so we will purchase. 

 Sorry if I gave you a different impression.  I probably worded it awkwardly.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,717
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

The problem with this is that no all hugs/air kisses, etc. look natural.  Most IMHO look forced or a last second rememberence, (Oh yeah, I'm supposed to hug this one...)

 

If it were natural it would be ok... but it isn't.  I'd say if a vendor of xx years comes on to host with a host of xx years and they know each other very well and enjoy each other than a hug and check kiss would certainly be appropriate, but every vendor with every host is just too much.... sorry.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*