Respected Contributor

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

I think entirely too much time is wasted with the huggy, kissy, sweetie stuff between hosts and vendors.  And I truly appreciate it when the two greet each other nicely and continue with their jobs.

It wouldn't seem so phony if we didn't all knnow that they have seen each other earlier in the green room, and obviously have been together to go over the items that are to be presented. Not like they haven't seen each other in months. 

I especially dislike all the "honey, baby, sweetie, love"  stuff that goes on with some of the hosts. This is the business world, folks - not a high school reunion.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the support!   I am mainly referring to the OVER THE TOP greetings.   And it happens often!  And it's not ALL hosts of course!   I have never seen hugging and kissing in the workplace.   Or saying "I love you".    I will continue to watch QVC; I will not turn the channel.   But can we please cool it with the over-the-top interactions????   

Occasional Contributor

RACHB    -     Do they say "I love you" and KISS???    I don't think so!

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

There is very little we can discuss on these boards now. Nothing wrong with the OP stating her opinion about something she sees on the Q.

I completely agree.  I enjoy seeing what is inside some folks' heads.

Thanks for sharing an opinion.  It does take some courage!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cool in Ohio wrote:

I just replied to another post about the hugging, "I love you's" and kissing that goes on between hosts and vendors.   Some hosts are worse than others.   At times, it is over the top!    Why is this necessary?    I have seen some hosts get a little carried away, Shawn and Amy especially on PM style.  The interaction between Isaac, Lori, etc...   you LOVE each other???    LOL    Once Amy hugged Chaz and of course had to say her "I love you's" and kissing..  The hug was just a little too much  (lengthy and inappropriate).   I really don't want to see it; I love some of the shows but too touchy-feely at times!   Please do this at home with your loved ones and friends!!!!!

Wow .......   Clearly, this really upsets you.    There's a very broad range in the formality or informality with business associates ......   and that specific corporate culture has a lot to do with it.   

Sorry this disturbs you so much.     Personally, I really don't care.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have seen SK, on many occasions, repeat several times in a presentation to IM "I love you". He is much more restrained.
I will give SK credit though for her respectful manner towards the Italian shoe person on Fri. He was obviously struggling with English and she was gracious to him and patient. She merely shook his hand at the end. It was a side of her that was good to see.
Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree....I do not like the hugging /kissing as each vendor comes and goes.....especially when they are on multiple times during a single show....and the I love you needs to go, too....This is not a Soap Opera...its a selling company....you don't see the male hosts hugging and kissing....nor saying I love you...(at least I never have)...

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I think entirely too much time is wasted with the huggy, kissy, sweetie stuff between hosts and vendors.  And I truly appreciate it when the two greet each other nicely and continue with their jobs.

It wouldn't seem so phony if we didn't all knnow that they have seen each other earlier in the green room, and obviously have been together to go over the items that are to be presented. Not like they haven't seen each other in months. 

I especially dislike all the "honey, baby, sweetie, love"  stuff that goes on with some of the hosts. This is the business world, folks - not a high school reunion.

ITA!  So refereshing when I watch HSN that they are friendly but professional with each other.  The hugging and kissing on QVC...when did it start?  Was it a conscious decision and orders for the hosts?  Gosh...I hope not!  

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday Shawn greeted the Italian vendor from Franco Sarto with a kiss on each cheek. She said she knew she needed to give two kisses because he's Italian. I was just sitting there thinking, "Could you please just skip all that and talk about the shoes?" Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I missed the two kisses on the cheek, wildcat fan. But for the remainder of the time I thought she was respectful to him. He seemed so uncomfortable.