Honored Contributor

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

Way too many germs floating around now-a-days.   Better to just say 'Hello' and 'Good-bye'.   Forget everything else, lol.  (I'm serious.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

TY1 wrote:
The fake hugging and kissing is to imply that they are sophisticated and worldly European jet setters.
Well, it doesn't work!

TY1  ITA!  I've observed this practice among the high born, the wealthy and celebrities for many years.  The practice did begin in Europe and is still more popular in Northern Europe and Italy than it is here in the US.

I wish you hadn't felt the need to reverse your position.  What you think is just as important as what anybody else thinks and I appreciate hearing your views.  I'm sure that was the intent of the forum, no?

And-  I'd like to add, there hasn't been any physical contact, no exchange of bodily fluids  since this craze began.  No one need fear the hosts are spreading germs as one viewer commented.  This display has always been fake,  putting  on airs.  It's been laughable by all except those who delude themselves and engage in it, since it became popular in the US.  Night show hosts have been doing skits about the 'kissing the air' greeting since the early days of Saturday Night Live .

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@TY wrote:
The fake hugging and kissing is to imply that they are sophisticated and worldly European jet setters.
Well, it doesn't work!

TY1  ITA!  I've observed this practice among the high born, the wealthy and celebrities for many years.  The practice did begin in Europe and is still more popular in Northern Europe and Italy than it is here in the US.

I wish you hadn't felt the need to reverse your position.  What you think is just as important as what anybody else thinks and I appreciate hearing your views.  I'm sure that was the intent of the forum, no?

And-  I'd like to add, there hasn't been any physical contact, no exchange of bodily fluids  since this craze began.  No one need fear the hosts are spreading germs as one viewer commented.  This display has always been fake,  putting  on airs.  It's been laughable by all except those who delude themselves and engage in it, since it became popular in the US.  Night show hosts have been doing skits about the 'kissing the air' greeting since the early days of Saturday Night Live .

TY1 didn't reverse her position. She only posted once on this thread. You're confusing her with the poster who responded to her.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I'd be more worried about below the belt hugging. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

I have worked for Fortune 100 companies (and one prominent politician).   Any kind of touching was forbidden.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@TY wrote:

Well, it doesn't work!

Where did you get that idea?

Because the hosts are trying to emulate celebrities as well as reality tv stars who do the double kissing every time they meet. It's like the RHONY or RHOBH are their idols, especially the ladies who are European. But they come off as the RHONJ or RHOOC.

QVC is enamored with reality tv stars turned into shopping channel vendors.