Occasional Contributor

Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

I just replied to another post about the hugging, "I love you's" and kissing that goes on between hosts and vendors.   Some hosts are worse than others.   At times, it is over the top!    Why is this necessary?    I have seen some hosts get a little carried away, Shawn and Amy especially on PM style.  The interaction between Isaac, Lori, etc...   you LOVE each other???    LOL    Once Amy hugged Chaz and of course had to say her "I love you's" and kissing..  The hug was just a little too much  (lengthy and inappropriate).   I really don't want to see it; I love some of the shows but too touchy-feely at times!   Please do this at home with your loved ones and friends!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

Perhaps they really do love one another.

Cogito ergo sum
Occasional Contributor

You mean as having an affair??   On the air?   You would not find this type of interaction in the business world.  So why do we have to put up with it on QVC?   You would not greet a sales rep coming to your company this way.  It would be considered SEXUAL HARRASSMENT.   As I said, I have seen SOME hosts get a little too carried away; it was really INAPPROPRIATE!

Esteemed Contributor

No, I think you can truly love people, be friends with them, and leave it at that.  And truly enjoy being in their presence.  Even when conducting "business".

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Oh for Heaven's sake - what is it to you who hugs who on a TV show or for how long? What impact does that have on your life? Once again- a mountain oiut of a molehill.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
I work in a very large corporate environment with offices around the U.S. When our VPs come into town, we do indeed hug. You can hug a person and still be professional. It is harassment only if one party is uncomfortable with it.
Esteemed Contributor

It seems ridiculous to me.  I have seen vendors get a hug and kiss, present an item, leave and then come back minutes later and get the hug and kiss all over again.  I like that Jill just introduces the guest without all that fake "stuff"

Honored Contributor

I think it may be time for you to turn off the TV if you need to complain about this. Seriously. 

Esteemed Contributor

There is very little we can discuss on these boards now. Nothing wrong with the OP stating her opinion about something she sees on the Q.

Trusted Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

There is very little we can discuss on these boards now. Nothing wrong with the OP stating her opinion about something she sees on the Q.

DITTO.