Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

Don't really watch QVC much anymore, but I also found all that rather silly and annoying.

I also think it happens too often in real life.

People shouldn't hug someone they're just introduced to; it's rude and crossing boundaries. We need personal space.

Occasional Contributor

To the ones who don't support this...  the KEY WORDS were "over the top"...   I can accept and tolerate a hug possibly.  I am referring to acts which I found inappropriate...  again, Shawn with Isaac...  Amy with the Wen guy  (Chaz???)   hugging and grinding in each other's bodies.. Yes!  That's what happened.  Amy and Chaz actually did that...  wasn't sure if and when it was going to stop!   Not sure how often this happens, but I was shocked.  PM style with Lori, Isaac..   way too much "kissey, kissey" "huggy, huggy".    If they are friends, fine!  Do it off stage!   Again, the picture of Shawn on Facebook IN THE PROCESS OF KISSING ISAAC ON THE LIPS is unprofessional.  

Occasional Contributor

What does that mean?  A model PF by a vendor?  SOrry, I missed that!

Honored Contributor

It bothers some people; and it doesn't bother some people. All's good.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

The fake hugging and kissing is to imply that they are sophisticated and worldly European jet setters.

Well, it doesn't work!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I agree completely! The hugging and kissing and Mwaaaaa, Mwaaaa's are getting to be annoying. BUT if QVC likes it and doesn't mind who are we to complain?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

I find it obnoxious and un-necessary.  What happened to the professional handshake that worked for years on QVC.  The hugging is bad enough but the kissing is just beyond justification, imho.  And yes, we know they met with each vendor before the show so if it is based on a genuine friendship, then do it when they actually see the person for the first time that visit (which they very likely did anyway) and keep it behind the scenes.

I am very affectionate with those I really love but don't care for unnecessary hugging with even occasional friends.  Just not me.  It is something I share with those who matter most to me.  I have even noticed this huggy-kissy trend on both daytime and night-time TV too - talk shows and the like.  And the reality shows take it out of bounds - they literally kiss and hug each other every single time they meet even if they were just with each other an hour ago.  

I am also very conscious of not wanting other's germs and I have seen QVC hosts who have an obvious cold or flu still hug and kiss a vendor - even LR was guilty of that.

I would also like to know why Americans always seem to feel obligated to kiss Europeans on both cheeks - if they are here in the US, why isn't our single kiss adequate.  They are in our country so why does everyone always feel obligated to do it "their way" and not "our way."  That always puzzles me.

Honored Contributor

Yet another reason I'm glad to work for myself!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

OMGosh!  I LOVE YOU!     HA.... You are referring to the EXACT things I can't stand - slang words or words that aren't in the dictionary to describe a product just to be cutesy (?) (and really NOT cutesy but annoying....) or go into a rendition about your kids, family, etc. (because she has a story about EVERYTHING either presented or discussed....).  The channel is turned when these two hosts are on.  Can't take them anymore.  Don't need the phony kissing/hugging scenarios.  Just want professionalism. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

HeartHeartHeart

♥Surface of the Sun♥