Valued Contributor

Re: Over-the-top "I love you'" and hugging

@HappyDaze wrote:

I don't like it and I don' t like the kissing. The constant I love yous are disingenuous and the kissing makes me cringe. Can you imagine being at work and  kissing all your coworkers when you see them or the vendors/contractors that come in?? LOL, I don't think so! And this disdain for the kissing and hugging is coming from a person who likes to kiss and hug those that I love! Oh and I mean, TRULY love, not "love" in the sense the vendors/hosts/callers use it. Ugh.

I don't mind the hugging so much if it is a close friend as well as a vendor.

OMG!  I would seriously have to look into some of those "work from home" opportunities!

Smiley LOL

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

They are sales hosts and vendors. QVC is a huge company. At times the kissey,huggie,love you is over the top. They are supposed to be professionals. I want to know about an item . I don't need slang to describe the product or a fake greeting of love and kisses. Just tell me about it and I probably will buy it but instead I turn the channel.
Question if you went to buy a car and wanted to know all about that car. Now a salesman comes out gives you a hug then goes into slang words to describe the car. Which by the way you did not learn a thing about the car. Then starts telling you about his family. Would you buy a car off of him or would you walk away!
Occasional Contributor

For those who think this is OK and that we should not voice our objections... please check out Shawl's Facebook page, under "pictures"  there is one of her and Isaac.  The picture was snapped as they were in the process of KISSING ON THE LIPS!   It might never have happened...  but what is the point of kissing a vendor?  On the lips???   This would never be allowed in the business world!

Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I don't like it and I don' t like the kissing. The constant I love yous are disingenuous and the kissing makes me cringe. Can you imagine being at work and  kissing all your coworkers when you see them or the vendors/contractors that come in?? LOL, I don't think so! And this disdain for the kissing and hugging is coming from a person who likes to kiss and hug those that I love! Oh and I mean, TRULY love, not "love" in the sense the vendors/hosts/callers use it. Ugh.

I don't mind the hugging so much if it is a close friend as well as a vendor.

OMG!  I would seriously have to look into some of those "work from home" opportunities!

Smiley LOL

LOL oh no doubt! eesh!

Esteemed Contributor

Ok, it's harmless and doesn't upset me, but it is so phony and not at all spontaneous.  As previously mentioned those vendors and hosts who genuinely enjoy a close professional relationship and even what can be called personal friendship have already done the intimate greeting when they are greeted off the set before the show. The display on camera is strictly contrived, because apparently, someone in authority at QVC came up with the idea a long time ago that it looks good to the viewers if they exhibit all this gush toward one another in front of the camera.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not a soap opera? You have a model PG by a vendor. That's right out of afternoon TV.
Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Hello, Cool in Ohio and welcome. Smiley Happy

I think both the hosts and vendors are comfortable with it. And some of them are close friends, so it might be natural for them to do this.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

A simple handshake is enough...spend more time on the product description.

Honored Contributor

I'm NOT a touchy-huggy-kissy person, probably because I was brought up in a family that was "over the top".
They never cared whether they looked "professional" or not (LOL), they just hugged and kissed everybody and were hugged and kissed back.
Again, because of my upbringing, I love seeing people express affection.
If it's feigned, I embrace it as ".....fake it 'till you make it".
If it's genuine, so much the better.
Beats the eggs out of unleashed snark in my book. Others may differ.
Trusted Contributor

I don't watch much QVC, so I haven't witnessed this myself, but IMO when casual and/or professional interactions are extremely effusive, they seem disingenuous to me. That being said, I really don't care what the hosts and the vendors do.