Trusted Contributor

Over 50? Do you still like to wear shimmer eyeshadow?

[ Edited ]

I am 54 and I have to admit that I prefer glimmery/shimmery/pearl eyeshadow for everyday wear. I don't have a wrinkled lid or face for that matter, and I do have slightly hooded eyes, but I love that shimmering look. 

I would like to hear if any of you still get happy when you put on that glimmering eye shadow in the morning?

I recently bought a few bare minerals glimmer ey: eyeshadows in bare skin, nude beach, and celestine for summer and I just love seeing that shimmer when I do my face.

Note: Not glitter eyeshadows with large particles)

Respected Contributor

Re: Over 50? Do you still like to wear glimmer eyeshadow?

Yes, i do!!  63 here. don't really like the matte at all.  give me a nice frosty taupe on my lid, and i can mix up my highlighter color between a shimmery  light pink, gold, or off white.  

Respected Contributor

Yes I do like shimmer eyeshadow.  I like a pinky/taupe color.  Helps brighten up my eyes.  Matte shadows look drab on me.  I am 66.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the shimmer eyeshadows. Would never wear anything else.

Trusted Contributor

I too fancies to wear a shimmer eyeshado.cl_sku_7PWK18_600x750_0.png

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  I'm 65, and while I don't use "eyeshadow" anymore, I do sometimes use a slightly glimmery highlighter on my lids (Laura Geller has some good ones). They are light-colored, and just brighten up my hooded eyes a bit.

I also like to use LG's French Vanilla highlighter on my lids...it's a nice matte, and, again, just brighten up that area some.

Respected Contributor

I only use Matte, especially for daytime.  sparkle for night.

Honored Contributor

I only wear pearl or satin finish....(if that's what you mean by glimmer).   I don't wear anything with "sparkling flakes" in it, tho.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

61 and yes!  Lately I've been using a soft chocolate matte in the crease and outter corner, shimmery on the brow bone. shimmer on the center of the lid and Fenty's Diamond Bomb all over body glitter (very fine glitter) in the inner corner.

Honored Contributor

If I were to wear a shimmery shadow it would be just a swipe over the eye but not applying it like a regular eye shadow.  I seldom wear eye shadow.

kindness is strength