Honored Contributor

Re: Over 50? Do you still like to wear shimmer eyeshadow?

Nothing too sparkly or shimmery for me. I prefer a natural look on my lids. I only own one palette of 4 shadows and the neutral colors in it are all matte. I did buy a crayon shadow with a bit of sheen, but I’ve only used it once or twice.

Respected Contributor

YES!  unfortunately, i have given up on shadow because my lids are so greasy that nothing was keeping that shadow in place!   nowadays i just use a little shadow as a liner/outer edge smudge for everyday use, but if i was going to go somewhere special/dressy ... i would put on some shimmer eyeshadow too! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the comments, Beauties. Glad to know that other over 50 ladies still love a little sparkle and shine!

Frequent Contributor

I too am over 50 and prefer the shimmer/pearl/glimmer shadows.  For some reason Matte shadows always end up making my eyes look dirty.  

Contributor

I'm 50 and love glimmer! I have Nude Beach and Celestine too- so pretty! I don't put tons of any makeup on, but I always have sparkle on. The makeup police haven't gotten me yet! 🤩
Honored Contributor

Sure!  I like it especially under the eyebrow and a thin line just above my eyeliner.  I'm 62 and I even sometimes use a little glitter shadow on the lid depending on the situation and how I'm feeling.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have deep set eyes  so I do wear shadow with a very little shimmer if I were to wear matte it would do nothing for my eyes and would look flat.I also keep the lid light tones as dark tones would make my eyes more deep set.