Trusted Contributor

Re: Over 40 group, if you could go back in time what would you change?

Stayed in HOLLYWOOD and coninued working there INSTEAD OF HEADING NORTH TO San Francisco. I even had a chance to go the oscars. Those rotten flower children and the summer of love were not exactly my best influence I have to admit. Now the tv show MOM is my current life. All in all, it turned out fine. At least I survived.
Super Contributor

I would have gotten counseling to settle stuff from childhood. I would have asked for more help-navigating high school and college, managing money- instead of trying to figure it out myself, and making stupid, costly mistakes. I would have been smarter with the credit cards, and trusting that people would like me as is and not for what I was wearing. I would have not spent a second on self-hate. I would have had a wider circle of friends and not been so closed off. I would have trusted that no one would be as judgemental and say the horrible things to me that I have said to myself. I would not have left church (I'm back at church now). I would not have had debt going into a marriage. I'd have had a smaller church wedding. I would have taken a longer honeymoon.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/15/2014 !FitChick! said:

I would have gotten counseling to settle stuff from childhood. I would have asked for more help-navigating high school and college, managing money- instead of trying to figure it out myself, and making stupid, costly mistakes. I would have been smarter with the credit cards, and trusting that people would like me as is and not for what I was wearing. I would have not spent a second on self-hate. I would have had a wider circle of friends and not been so closed off. I would have trusted that no one would be as judgemental and say the horrible things to me that I have said to myself. I would not have left church (I'm back at church now). I would not have had debt going into a marriage. I'd have had a smaller church wedding. I would have taken a longer honeymoon.

Nice post. I can relate to much of this. Thank you for sharing your wisdom

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

Simple. My choice of husband(s).

Occasional Contributor

I would have pursued a degree in accounting earlier in life. I discovered at the age of 42 that I liked the subject and could kick myself in the you know what for not getting my degree earlier.

Occasional Contributor

I would have made sure my sweet husband stayed healthy during our marriage. He passed away so very young.

Esteemed Contributor

The only thing in my life that I would want to change is the loss of our son.

Occasional Contributor

I would have made my health a priority, everything from what I put into my body, to what I subjected it to. I would have taken better care of my teeth. I would not have gotten pregnant at 20, and married at 21. I would have made choices that made ME happy, rather than being careful to do what I THOUGHT would make my family happy (family being parents, relatives).

Something most of us agree on- lotioning face, neck, eyes and everything else, a LOT more Smiley Happy Drinking more water. Travelling. Not being afraid.

Esteemed Contributor

Right out of high school, I would not have pursued a degree in music and science education, follwed by a secondary teaching credential. Wasted nearly 6 years of my life.

Instead, I would have gone for my R.N. right out of high school, instead of 15 years later.

But, who was to know the difficulties facing many of us with credentials in 1971 and no chance for a job.

Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2014 BonnieBelle said:
On 2/15/2014 chiclet said:

actually I cannot think of anything I would do the same.

ITA.

Me too.