Honored Contributor

Ouidad's Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil for hair- has anyone tried it?

[ Edited ]

Sounds interesting! I like cleansing oils for my face but my hair? I don't know, it could go horribly wrong...or be great like facial cleansings oils can be.

Ouidad Ultra-Nourishing Cleansing Oil

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Ouidad's Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil for hair?

Ingredients

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Citric Acid, Glycerin, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Trichilia Emetica Seed Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Silicone Quaternium-8, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Starch Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I haven't used the cleansing oil for hair but I've just discovered Ouidad's leave in conditioner and I'm very pleased with the results.   However, as the directions say, do not leave conditioner on scalp but to begin three inches from the scalp and apply to damp hair and comb through.   I have fine hair so I don't need a lot, just enough to detangle and moisturize.   And there's always the option of rinsing out the conditioner too.
~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

I had a trial size of Ouidad's Cleasning Oil and my hair being the sponge it is loved it. I haven't gotten around to buying a full size yet because I have several things to finish using.  Of all the shampoos in my arsenal right now Tweek-d Restore Cleansing Conditioner seems to be working the best for me.  That said I liked the Ouidad Oil well enough to add it in the future.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix interesting! Thanks for your response. I was reading reviews on birchbox and it gets alot of great reviews.I am surprised I hadn't heard of this before.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried the cleansing oil. I have tried their leave in conditioner & love it. I don't think I could get all the oil rinsed out without some shampoo. I have been using Emu Oil with a couple EO's mixed in on my scalp before I wash it. It makes my hair soft & shiny. I'm having a problem finding a shampoo & conditioner I can use on my scalp without leaving it itchy, dry or a burning sensation. I found Mild by Nature, Baby, Tear-Free Shampoo & Body Wash & tried it on my hair. My scalp likes it so that's what I use after the Emu Oil. I only use conditioner on the parts of my hair I don't use the oil on since I cannot seem to find one that does not irritate my scalp. I also tried Auromere pre-shampoo conditioner which is an oil that you use first then shampoo & no conditioner. The oil is nice but the shampoo left my hair dry because it's sulfate free. I would like to find a good strengthening/hydrating conditioner to use with the Emu oil & shampoo I'm using.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ouidad's Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil for hair- has anyone tried it?

@Nightowlz I thought the same about the cleansing oil but almost all the reviews said they were shocked as it did not leave an oily residue or anything. I am sure it has ingredients in it to remove the oil, just like cleansing oils for the face do (@Bella Carro would know more about this). I don't use anything with emu oil in it because I avoid beauty products were animals were killed to obtain the ingredients. Just a personal preference of mine.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz I thought the same about the cleansing oil but almost all the reviews said they were shocked as it did not leave an oily residue or anything. I am sure it has ingredients in it to remove the oil, just like cleansing oils for the face do (@Bella Carro would know more about this). I don't use anything with emu oil in it because I avoid beauty products were animals were killed to obtain the ingredients. Just a personal preference of mine.

ITA it has to be the combination of oils used that would rinse better. I have used Argan Oil & a couple different Wen oils. I can still feel those when I rinse my hair but still used a little conditioner. I like how my hiar looks after I use oils. It makes my hair look & feel thicker. The cleansing oil for your face did not leave my face oily either like I thought it would. If you try the Ouidad let me know what you think. I may have to try it.

Honored Contributor

I have Ouidad sample on my counter as speak (write). Curl definer maybe? Not too impressed but that doesn't mean the oil cleanser wouldn't be good..

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo the ouidad products I've tried in the past haven't really impressed me either. I don't have curly hair though, mine is more straight to wavy, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I use Shea moisture co-wash and that is suppose to be for curly hair yet it works well for me ( I use it to cleanse my scalp actually).