Respected Contributor

Re: Others trying to take credit for Chaz Dean's innovation

@Desertdi wrote:

When I was in grade school, the girls of Italian descent all used olive oil to cleanse their hair.............(1950's)

my mother did as well...on her skin too

Valued Contributor

I use Wen but as a curly girl I wes familar with the so-called no poo method of using conditioner to cleanse my hair long before Wen.  Just sayin....

Honored Contributor

Wen is the best thing I have ever usedHeart

I have used high-end shampoo and conditioner all my life and that is a long time.

Nothing compares to Wen for making my hair smooth, silky and shinyHeart

This debate has gone on forever and it will never change because some people love Wen and some dislike it.

Which we all should understand.

But there is no reason to be rude and mean.

Honored Contributor

i know this is old news, but our local cbs station was discussing this yesterday and also posted this article on facebook. for those who have been following the case against chaz dean and wen, there is an update.

The federal judge has issued a stay in the case, and the parties are proceeding to mediation.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/11/10/celebrity-hairstylist-faces-lawsuit-after-customers-blame-...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the popcorn deer! I always love him!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@coldlake wrote:

The woman who is behind DevaCare wrote a book called Curly Girl before she put out her product line and in the book she recommended using plain old cheap conditioner for no-poo cleansing.  I still use some of the homemade potion recipes she included in the book.  Using conditioner to cleanse my curly hair has been suggested to me since I was a child but I still prefer shampoo.  Don't faint!

If we really want to get nit picky, about a zillion years ago there was a product called (I think) Unicure, which was a creamy, no lather, all purpose hair face body cleanser.  It used to be sold at stores like K Mart and was quite affordable.  It had a sort of Dr Bronners all purpose vibe.

Actually if we want to get SUPER nit picky, people have not had shampoo and conditioner for thousands of years before shampoo was invented and would "cleanse" their hair with a variety of oils and "butters". No shampoo and conditioner- a one step cleanse using conditioning agents and various oils like tea trea, etc to keep bugs and fungus and other skin ailments away. So I think our ancient ancestors were the "true" conditioning cleanser inventors. Smiley Wink

Until shampoo was invented, people used bar soap on their hair. One of my grandmothers told me that-that that was what they used to do. They would lather it up well with water with wet hair, and then wash their hair. That would be what they did about 100 years ago now. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, hop and welcome. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carmie, I got my cosmetogiy license aroung 1970 and remember Jheri Redding and Paula well.  RedKen is still going strong.  Remember Amino Pon Shampoo?  That really worked for me.  Wish they still made it.  Better than wen.