New Contributor

Others trying to take credit for Chaz Dean's innovation

[ Edited ]

Important message for Chaz Dean. I am a devoted user of WEN for many years. I was watching CBS NEWS IN NY (5 or 6 PM edition). They gave credit to a New York City Hair Salon for starting the "no poo" movement for hair care and described the benefits for your hair. I apologize for not knowing the name of the salon but the story enraged me I will try to post something on CBS News as well. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Others trying to take credit for Chaz Dean's innovation

@Hop  Chaz would probably see this a lot quicker if you posted it to his Facebook wall.  Maybe you could go to your local CBS station's website, find the article, and link it.  That said, Chaz doesn't own the rights to conditioner only cleansing.  People were doing it before he came along.  He just figured out a way to improve it, expand it, and make a living at it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it matters who created what and not sure Chaz would care either. I think what matters most is who perfected it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hop wrote:

Important message for Chaz Dean. I am a devoted user of WEN for many years. I was watching CBS NEWS IN NY (5 or 6 PM edition). They gave credit to a New York City Hair Salon for starting the "no poo" movement for hair care and described the benefits for your hair. I apologize for not knowing the name of the salon but the story enraged me I will try to post something on CBS News as well. 

Chaz Dean did not invent the no-poo movement or the cleansing conditioners.  They existed long before he even came up with wen

Honored Contributor

DevaCare has been around longer then Wen, get your facts together before you post

@Hop wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hop, thanks for sharing this information. That's a shame that the local CBS station credited the wrong salon for bringing cleansing conditioners to people's attention. I wonder what the folks at this salon said to leave the CSB reporter with that impression. 

Chaz doesn't read the QVC forums, so you might want to post this info on his facebook page which is chazdeanfanpage.

Chaz will be back at QVC next week -- QVC Wen shows schedule: November 13th - 16th -- and hopefully there will be some great Wen values (and maybe an OTO). There's a rumor that there may be a special on his Wen Mousse (fingers crossed). There's some more information on the latest Wen values in the QVC WEN forum.

hop, you may wan to check out the QVC WEN forum where it's all Wen all the time. The forum is a really friendly group of Wenners. I look forward to seeing you there. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - The Insider (how to join InsideQ magazine) -

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

DevaCare has been around longer then Wen, get your facts together before you post

@Hop wrote:

Actually according to their own website, they did not create a cleansing conditioner/no poo cleanser until 2002.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Hop wrote:

Actually according to their own website, they did not create a cleansing conditioner until 2002.

@HappyDaze, very nicely said. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Wink

QVC Customer Care

Frequent Contributor

The woman who is behind DevaCare wrote a book called Curly Girl before she put out her product line and in the book she recommended using plain old cheap conditioner for no-poo cleansing.  I still use some of the homemade potion recipes she included in the book.  Using conditioner to cleanse my curly hair has been suggested to me since I was a child but I still prefer shampoo.  Don't faint!

If we really want to get nit picky, about a zillion years ago there was a product called (I think) Unicure, which was a creamy, no lather, all purpose hair face body cleanser.  It used to be sold at stores like K Mart and was quite affordable.  It had a sort of Dr Bronners all purpose vibe.