Honored Contributor

Re: Original Tova Signature fragrance from years ago

i remember the controversy, but i dont believe it was 25 years ago......it was more recent than that.

i used the TOVA scents then and i still use them now (signature and nights). i personally did not have any issues with the scent changing. my favorite is nights.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I was an original wearer of the Tova Signature EDP.

It was a lovely fragrance. I always got compliments when I wore it.

The controversy, I believe started in 2008.

The downfall of the Tova Signature EDP was such a shame.

Honored Contributor

The original scent was lovely. I even gave packaged sets as gifts.

Honored Contributor

@BlueTopazGem wrote:

I was an original wearer of the Tova Signature EDP.

It was a lovely fragrance. I always got compliments when I wore it.

The controversy, I believe started in 2008.

The downfall of the Tova Signature EDP was such a shame.

@BlueTopazGem  I remember when this controversy was going on Tova finally addressed it on air on QVC and stated nothing had changed with the formula. I always felt she only said this to keep sales from slipping.

Trusted Contributor

According to a blog entry on the Home Shopping Queen site, the formula was inadvertently changed in 2007 and later fixed. I forget when I bought my last bottle, but it doesn't smell like the original I remember.

Do a web search for qvc denies tova foul play. The blog should be the first result.

Honored Contributor

I remember all the controversy all too well.  I used to wear and love Tova and Tova Nights and got so many compliments on them both.

After QVC acquired it, it definitely changed.  I also remember Mike George releasing a statement in response to the complaints that scents change on aging, menopausal women!  That certainly caused an uproar.

And shortly after that, one of the security guards where I worked, who loved the Tova perfume said to me "You don't wear that beautiful perfume anymore."  I said, yes, I did; I was wearing it then.  He said "No, you haven't worn it for the past three weeks."  Was he an "aging, menopausal" woman?

I told him what had happened and he said it was a shame.  I stopped buying it then.  Tried a couple of times after they said it was "fixed", but it was never the same.  As for saying on air that "the formula hasn't changed"...well, you can keep the "formula" the same, but use cheaper, substitute ingredients.  That was just playing with words.