Honored Contributor

Original MakeUp Eraser - Wow

For those who don't know (like I didn't), the Original MakeUp Eraser is a double sided microfiber cloth for removing make-up without cleanser.  You just wet it and wipe.  One side has longer fibers for removal and the other side has shorter fibers for exfoliation.

I received this in a FabFitFun box and I tossed it off to the side.  Over the weekend I decided I might as well try it and wow.  I am definitely a convert.

I had a full face of make-up on and was sure when I used toner that there would be all kinds of make-up left on my skin.  There was absolutely nothing.  It removed all eye make-up including mascara and all of my face make-up.  My skin felt smooth, not tight or dry at all. 

My cloth is a full-size and the directions say to use it in sections so you get 3 uses before having to wash it.  It is supposed to last through 1000 washes.  The only downside is mine is hot pink so it gets very dirty looking with the black mascara.

This isn't cheap at $20.00 for one but there are some Influencers who claim Amazon sells a version that is as good for a lot less money.  I may give them a whirl.          

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Original MakeUp Eraser - Wow

Have watched the demo on Q about microfiber washes; but I just can't get interested in something else to 'wash'.  Towels, sheets, jeans, shirts/blouses, etc.   Oh, and floor mops with microfiber socks - wash after use = NO

Love the throw-away pre-moistened small wipes.  They work great for me.

Glad we have choices.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt  Just a comment about the makeup wipes: They're OK maybe for mornings or at night to cleanse when you haven't worn makeup or spf. I find they still can leave a residue. I've tested them removing makeup with a tinted spf so I could see if anything was left on my face. I was shocked how much makeup and the tinted spf was left. I used witch hazel or any toner on a cotton pad to do the experiment. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

My cousin was having a Norwex party. I ordered their wash clothes. It said they removed makeup with just water. I had my doubts but was very impressed with it. It sounds similiar to the makeup eraser. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus I use a Revlon liquid makeup for day and it's a very thin application.  Evening routine to remove that liquid with a       wipe - - and THEN completely wash face with water & cleanser & with tissue wipe face again for any trace of makeup.

Rinse - rinse - then apply evening moisturizer.

Lights out..............

AM don't use wipes - no need to

Wash again with water & cleanser

Use Toner

At age 12  having teenage problems - -- I was trained by a woman much like yourself - in the beauty business. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt   Please don't use kleenex....very rough on the face. Cotton pads or soft washcloth so much better on your skin.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing @Lipstickdiva ! Like you, I have one that has gone unused. You inspired me to give it a try! 

Honored Contributor

For years when I remove my makeup at the end of the day I've always used a microfiber cloth.

I never put soap on my face.  Just the microfiber cloths and warm water.  Then I use Dr. Denese's Firming Facial Pads all over my face.  That closes up my pores and removes the old skin cells that the cloths might have missed.  And finally I use her Hydroshield for moisture.

I've been doing this since her products came to QVC.

I have almost no wrinkles on my face.  I will soon be 74 years old.

There are probably a lot of reasons for this.  However, first and foremost are her products.  Then the fact that her facial pads contain Gycolic Acid.  This shrinks my pores (which used to be the same size as Montana).

Also, I don't think I have a lot of facial expressions.  Then there's the genes.  Both Grandmas lived to be in their late 90's.  My mother died when she was in her 80's and that was attributed to her smoking.

But I totally agree with @Lipstickdiva that the best makeup eraser is a microfiber cloth.  QVC sells them where you get something like 20 for about $20.  They wash up totally clean (no fabric softner please) and they last forever.

Then put on the moisturizer of your choice.  We all have our favorite one's that work best for us.

I remember way, way back before I discovered Dr. Denese, I used to get my Gyolic Acid from a health food store.  

Trusted Contributor

I love these.  I have a couple of the large ones and 7 of the small ones.  Nordstrom/Macy's/Sephora sometimes have specials on them where you can get extras or a bag to put them in for the washer.  The Face Halo is nice too.

They are so much better than disposable wipes.  Besides working a lot better at removing makeup, they are also so much better for the environment.  Think of how much waste is produced from the disposable ones.

Honored Contributor

Since those are made of microfiber it's best to wash them in very hot water with a free & clear type of liquid detergent. Microfiber cloths tend to collect oils and pigment particles which can get embedded within their fibers and are difficult to remove. So over time their effectiveness begins to fade and you won't get a clean and spotless face like you did when the cloth was brand new. Washing/drying them with lint-free garments and linens will reduce getting lint on your face, too. The same can be said for most all other kinds of mf towels...their cleaning ability is only as good as how clean the cloth is to begin with.