Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Original MakeUp Eraser - Wow

@Tribesters wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

My cousin was having a Norwex party. I ordered their wash clothes. It said they removed makeup with just water. I had my doubts but was very impressed with it. It sounds similiar to the makeup eraser. 

@Tribesters , everytime I saw the demos on Q for those microfiber clothes the whole thing seemed weird and honestly kind of gross.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Since those are made of microfiber it's best to wash them in very hot water with a free & clear type of liquid detergent. Microfiber cloths tend to collect oils and pigment particles which can get embedded within their fibers and are difficult to remove. So over time their effectiveness begins to fade and you won't get a clean and spotless face like you did when the cloth was brand new. Washing/drying them with lint-free garments and linens will reduce getting lint on your face, too. The same can be said for most all other kinds of mf towels...their cleaning ability is only as good as how clean the cloth is to begin with.

@SilleeMee , honestly I was surprised when the packaging said they were fabric softener and dryer sheet safe.  So much microfiber, fleece, etc. specifically say to stay away from that stuff.

My laundry detergent is All Free and Clear and my liquid fabric softener is free and clear as well.  I wash this on the hand wash/delicate cycle, not with other towels and washclothes and I lay my eraser over my clothing dryer and don't heat dry it.  

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I love these.  I have a couple of the large ones and 7 of the small ones.  Nordstrom/Macy's/Sephora sometimes have specials on them where you can get extras or a bag to put them in for the washer.  The Face Halo is nice too.

They are so much better than disposable wipes.  Besides working a lot better at removing makeup, they are also so much better for the environment.  Think of how much waste is produced from the disposable ones.

@lkat , I've never had good luck with those disposable wipes.  I have to use so many of them to get my make-up off and it takes so long, it's easier and quicker for me to use cleanser and a washcloth.  And my face never felt clean with wipes.  And as you mentioned, I used to look in my waste basket with 3 or 4 wipes sitting in it and think about how awful that is for the environment.

Contributor

I definitely agree with Shanus about makeup wipes for washing your face. When I get home from work, I use a makeup wipe to remove my makeup.  Before I go to bed, I use my Foreo Luna along with my cleanser to wash my face.  The suds on the Luna are always the color of my foundation, even though I have supposedly removed my makeup with a wipe. My face is not clean after using the wipe.

Sam

Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, Costco has a set of mini Makeup Eraser cloths - a set of 14 for around $20.

Respected Contributor

I used to swear by Philosophy's Purity Made Simple to remove my makeup, especially eye makeup, until a couple of years ago. At that point, my eyes burned pretty badly after I used it. Last year I switched to the Campanella makeup removal microfiber cloths. They're great! They remove all of my makeup using tap water, wash up easily and air dry so they're ready to be used the next time I need them. Plus, they're much more economical than Purity Made Simple. 

Respected Contributor

I own the Make-Up Eraser and it works.  Also, when I wash them in the laundry with other bath towels it comes out as good as new.

However, I found a wash cloth or any other microfiber does the same thing.

I prefer using the facial cleaning wipes readily available and just toss after use.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

If anyone is interested, Costco has a set of mini Makeup Eraser cloths - a set of 14 for around $20.

@JeanLouiseFinch  thank you.  I don't belong there but my SIL does.  I'm going to ask her to pick some up the next time she goes.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Or even better, hands!   And it seems like those dry makeup removing towels would require a lot of pulling  on the skin.  I haven't tried them so I could be totally wrong.  

I use a pre-moistened disposable face cleaning wipe to get the majority of my makeup off.  Then follow up with Tatcha cleansing oil, Tatcha Rice wash and Tatcha Rice Polish. I'm using bare  hands for all of this.  Washcloths can be too rough/scratchy for your face.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

Or even better, hands!   And it seems like those dry makeup removing towels would require a lot of pulling  on the skin.  I haven't tried them so I could be totally wrong.  

I use a pre-moistened disposable face cleaning wipe to get the majority of my makeup off.  Then follow up with Tatcha cleansing oil, Tatcha Rice wash and Tatcha Rice Polish. I'm using bare  hands for all of this.  Washcloths can be too rough/scratchy for your face.

I thought that too but they really don't.  I have dry, sensitive skin. My face isn't the least bit red after using this.  I am not tugging or pulling on my skin at all.  I remove using 1 side and then exfoliate using another.  I feel like the exfolation I get from this is more gentle on my skin than the physcial exfoliation I get from a scrub.  And I'm 1 and done, not using multiple products on my face and not using face cleansing wipes that I toss out that are so bad for the environment.

Honestly had I not rec'd this for free, I never would have tried anything like this so I'm glad I got this in that subscription box.