Honored Contributor

I feel for any cancer patient, but this "information" is not accurate. Personally, I don't pay attention to some random person's warnings.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Just because something is 'organic' doesn't necessarily make it any safer to use.

@SilleeMee  Yes, and I can pronounce: uranium, hemlock, arsnic, lead, mercury, and a lot of others.  

Honored Contributor

Conversely, natural extracts are extremely difficult to pronounce. In the ingredient deck they're always in Latin.

Ptychopetalum Olacoides Bark/Stem Extract, Pfaffia Paniculata Root Extract, Lilium Candidum Flower Extract

Try saying that 3 times fast. Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Valid points from everyone. But what is even safe to use on our skin???

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs, your skin is tougher than you think. When you maintain it well, it is designed to keep pathogens out. In this modern society, inorganic chemicals are all around us. In the air, in everything we touch. Just like germs. If we maintain healthy immunity and do our best to be healthy, our bodies are very up to these challenges.

Stress over avoiding such things will do far more harm to your body and wellbeing than any individual ingredient can. Use your intuition, and only use products that feel right to you. Your body will tell you. It is much smarter than you think.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@CherryHugs   Where do you find out about what ingredients to stay away from?  Thanks.

I always go to EWG web site to check products/and or ingredients.  The site is very informative.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Organics and Chemicals

[ Edited ]

DA3CA697-A6D9-4A61-BEB4-1CF36BAE7FCF.jpeg

#chemicals

Honored Contributor

Re: Organics and Chemicals

[ Edited ]

And...90% of any beauty product is typically water. It evaporates and is absorbed into the body with no problem.

What you really really don't want on or in your skin is harmful bacteria or mold. That can cause an infection and a corresponding inflammatory response from your immune system that can harm you all over. Which is why some form of bad-bacteria-killing preservative is always needed.

Honored Contributor

I try to stay way from irritants such as alcohol (the fatty ones are good, though); strong scents; certain oils and any menthol-ish ingredients.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I am allergic to several organic ingredients. So natural skincare is not always safe for me. I have to look at the ingredient list for everything.