Honored Contributor

Ordinary Caffeine Solution for eyes

Recently at Ulta a sales clerk introduced me to Ordinary.  So bought the Squalane serum.  Then after reading posts here I bought the Caffeine Solution for under eye circles and puffiness.

My question is - after using the caffeine solution should I use an eye cream over it?  It seems odd or maybe its because I'm so used to using eye creams, to not put a cream on over this as its more a serum than a cream.

Just wondering what others do that use this product.  TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordinary Caffeine Solution for eyes

Ordinarily, my practice is to apply serum(s) and then apply a moisturizing product on top whether it’s an oil or cream.. In my eye area, I prefer keeping the moisturizing product light weight. If you are using the squalene under your eyes in addition to the caffeine serum, you may find that’s all you need. Experiment and see what works best for you.
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I use this eye serum and have been using it for about 2 years now, in the morning I use just the serum, but at night, i do put an eye cream on top.......That has worked well for me. I love this serum, I actually use a few of the serums from this line.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch and @CANDLEQUEEN  - thank you so much for your responses.  I never thought about putting the Squalane under my eyes too.  Tonight will put some eye cream over the Caffeine serum and see how it goes.

Using serums is new to me so not sure how it all is supposed to work.  Again, thanks for your help.

Contributor

Yes I use an eye cream afterwards. I need the moisture that the Caffeine Solution does not offer.
Honored Contributor

@Kymheart1 - thank you for letting me know.  

Super Contributor

I use this caffeine serum and it works amazingly to depuff my eyes in the morning.

It doesn’t offer much moisture, I just use my face moisturizer over top, or some Argan oil, but not really a specific eye cream. 

Honored Contributor

My one and only experience with a caffiene eye cream, made my eyeballs hurt--had to go to my eye dr  they hurt so bad---we figured out it was from the cream I used--I should have known better as I am allergic to caffiene

Esteemed Contributor

All my caffeine is oral, but have to wonder, if caffeine constrictes blood flow, is that a good thing for skin?  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

All my caffeine is oral, but have to wonder, if caffeine constrictes blood flow, is that a good thing for skin?  

It's only temporary and it helps reduce discoloration under the eyes from blood vessels there plus it reduces puffiness...nothing good about either one of those things in my book.