Super Contributor

Thanks, Bella! I don't have issues with silicones, but it's good to know there are silicone-free primers that are available for you ladies that do.

Super Contributor
On 7/26/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 7/26/2014 pupcakes said:

Silicone has been the main ingredient in any primer I've used. I have used orchid gel for a year now with no problems. I just ordered the trio this morning. He has different ones, Bright Side is my favorite. You use very little to cover your entire face.

I think most companies use silicones for the "slip", right? I agree that I have never used a primer that didn't rely heavily on silicones in it's ingredient deck. Just curious - does anyone know of a primer without silicones?

In addition to adding "slip", silicones sit on top of the skin (they don't absorb) so are used in primers because they fill in any crevices on the surface of the skin, making it look smoother. There are a few silicone free primers, but all the ones I've tried are little more than moisturizers, they don't really have the same smoothing effect. I can't use silicones and don't use primer.

Korres has silicone free primers. Other brands: Sephora brand Silicone Free Foundation Primer, Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector, Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer, Tarte Clean Slate Flawless 12-Hour Brightening Primer (the Tarte Clean Slate Poreless perfecting primer contains silicones).

Super Contributor

I tried the orchid gel, but for the price I went back to my good old Monistat. Same results. I did like the orchid gel though.

Honored Contributor
On 7/26/2014 Amaly said:

I tried the orchid gel, but for the price I went back to my good old Monistat. Same results. I did like the orchid gel though.

Monistat? The only Monistat I know of isn't for your face. I haven't tried the tinted orchid gel but I still have some of the original. I've never used anything quite like it. it's an interesting product and does what he says and does
Honored Contributor
On 7/26/2014 BellaCarro said:

Silicone has been the main ingredient in any primer I've used. I have used orchid gel for a year now with no problems. I just ordered the trio this morning. He has different ones, Bright Side is my favorite. You use very little to cover your entire face.

I think most companies use silicones for the "slip", right? I agree that I have never used a primer that didn't rely heavily on silicones in it's ingredient deck. Just curious - does anyone know of a primer without silicones?

Why, yes, I do. 100% Pure Luminous Primer and I just rec'd mine after ordering during the 20% off sale. I've used it for three days and like it a lot. Often silicones give me trouble and cause deep, cyst like acne. I've stayed away from primers because of that.

Bella do you find it does anything for you? Primers haven't done anything for me really and I don't like that super slick feeling most of them have. Can you give us more thoughts on the Pure one?

Respected Contributor
On 7/26/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/26/2014 BellaCarro said:

Why, yes, I do. 100% Pure Luminous Primer and I just rec'd mine after ordering during the 20% off sale. I've used it for three days and like it a lot. Often silicones give me trouble and cause deep, cyst like acne. I've stayed away from primers because of that.

Bella do you find it does anything for you? Primers haven't done anything for me really and I don't like that super slick feeling most of them have. Can you give us more thoughts on the Pure one?

Good morning, HD. Sorry that once again I am seeing and answering your question so long after you posted. Please remember I've only used this three times. Also, I purchased this mainly for two reasons: 1) it was 20% off and I've read good reviews about it here and I really like the line, 2) very often silicones give me some trouble. For this reason I am sad to say, I can not use PC's retinol or anti-ox serums. So, the 100% Pure Primer - has a slight luminosity. No sparkle, glitter, or colored "glow". You need very little, just a half pea sized amount. Yes, it does initially give a "slick" feel but it dissipates to smooth. (I concur with disliking that overly slick feel). I also use a green color correcting Dermablend primer on my nose for redness. That primer is staying on noticeably better using the 100% Pure primer first. If I'd take the time and $ I could have that laser corrected again. Lastly, the Pure primer is loaded with antioxidants. I don't know how much benefit I actually get from those since I apply after a generous dose of PC physical SPF mixed with Neutrogena's zinc oxide. HTH
Honored Contributor
what I find interesting is that the orchid gel has no real 'slip' in my opinion but yet it has the silicone?
Respected Contributor
On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said: what I find interesting is that the orchid gel has no real 'slip' in my opinion but yet it has the silicone?
Do you like it? If so, what about it? Do,you ever have issues with 'cones? I've always been curious about this product.
Honored Contributor
On 7/27/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said: what I find interesting is that the orchid gel has no real 'slip' in my opinion but yet it has the silicone?
Do you like it? If so, what about it? Do,you ever have issues with 'cones? I've always been curious about this product.
it's a unique primer. Very different from others I've tried and it does work. I've only ever purchased it once in a bundle so I guess that means its not outstanding enough for me to purchase it continuously but I did like it. To be specific it has a granular consistency and a pretty purple color lol.it seems a bit thick at first but it spreads nicely and hides the pores and leaves a matte finish that I like. but the Nyx, for less money, gives me the same end result
Respected Contributor
On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 7/27/2014 BellaCarro said:
it's a unique primer. Very different from others I've tried and it does work. I've only ever purchased it once in a bundle so I guess that means its not outstanding enough for me to purchase it continuously but I did like it. To be specific it has a granular consistency and a pretty purple color lol.it seems a bit thick at first but it spreads nicely and hides the pores and leaves a matte finish that I like. but the Nyx, for less money, gives me the same end result

K, thanks.