Frequent Contributor
In the past 2 years, my skin looks like it aged 10 years. I have very slack, orange peel skin with pores for days. Does anyone have a recommendation on something that would help turn it around? Thanks so much!
Honored Contributor

@Mimichic 

I hope someone can answer your question.  I can't.  The only place I have visible pores is the area between my upper lip and bottom of my nose and they aren't large.  I have dry skin.  I'm sure something I have been using the last 2+ years has helped but my skincare regimen includes so many products that I have no idea which product helped tighten/reduce the appearance of pores in that area.  Do you use a chemical exfoliant?  Chemical as in not a physical exfoliant.

Respected Contributor

More details are needed.  Where is this orange peel skin?  Face, arms, where on your body?  What has changed--medicatiions, illness, enviroment?  Your age would help and climate.  Are you in the sun a lot, where do you work, around animals etc.  What do you currently use on your skin?

Of course I suggest a visit to a dermatologist if you haven't done so yet.

Honored Contributor

Start using Retin-A. That will address most all of the signs of aging.

The seven signs of ageing
  • Fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Dullness of skin.
  • Uneven skin tone.
  • Blotchiness and age spots.
  • Rough skin texture.
  • Visible pores.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm I'm no expert but maybe you are overdoing the skin care products? 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

I might be but I'm not going to change.  I have none of the signs of aging that @SilleeMee just posted in this topic so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing for as long as it works and I can afford it.  

Honored Contributor

@Mimichic - I also have orange peel skin/large pores and what has helped me is exfoliation - I've just started using an exfoliation pad from NassifMD (HSN) every morning and am liking those and niancinamide at night.  Niancinamide is easy to find - I know The Ordinary has one at 10%, Paula's Choice has a couple options for it, and Naturium on Amazon has one too.  There are others I'm sure but those are a few you might want to check out.  Niacinamide is also known as Vit B3 so you may find it called that too.

Also, it may help to change your cleanser just to make sure your skin is as clean as possible so that the serum(s) you choose will work their best.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Look up sebaceous filaments. Those are not blackheads but something else. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm Got it. I hope you know I didn't mean my comment unkindly, it was just an idea. Sorry if it came out wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

I didn't think that at all Smiley Happy