Super Contributor

Well, I finally broke down and got some Botox yesterday!  I am 68----since it seems no travel this year I decided it is time to try Botox.  I am more concerned with orange peel chin than wrinkles, but there seems to be no help for this----maybe she said fillers etc. but i do not want to get into that.  I also have those verticle jaw lines--ugh.  Anyway, she did my "ll", around my mouth and on my chin.  Am anxious to wait a day or so to see full results.  My question----a product---trick--or suggestions for this ole chin???  I have used Dr. Denese for years, then went to Clinique (because of $$$), now on to Bare Minerals---that I am feeling ok with so far.  Thanks for info---remember, I am using Clinique and Bare Minerals foundations with Mally's setting primer---the kind that is like a wax--Love that---I know not to use any kind of powder on my face! Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Orange peel chin??

[ Edited ]

@pietook wrote:

Well, I finally broke down and got some Botox yesterday!  I am 68----since it seems no travel this year I decided it is time to try Botox.  I am more concerned with orange peel chin than wrinkles, but there seems to be no help for this----maybe she said fillers etc. but i do not want to get into that.  I also have those verticle jaw lines--ugh.  Anyway, she did my "ll", around my mouth and on my chin.  Am anxious to wait a day or so to see full results.  My question----a product---trick--or suggestions for this ole chin???  I have used Dr. Denese for years, then went to Clinique (because of $$$), now on to Bare Minerals---that I am feeling ok with so far.  Thanks for info---remember, I am using Clinique and Bare Minerals foundations with Mally's setting primer---the kind that is like a wax--Love that---I know not to use any kind of powder on my face! Thank you!

@pietook   My standard answer: please check w/ your derm. It may as simple as large clusters of clogged pores or just lax skin. If lax skin that's lost elasticity, fillers, Botox will not help. Retin A (yes, my usual recommendation) does help build collagen underneath the skin and help plump it up. You may also want to add a chemical exfoliant (if not using one) to keep pores clear and skin resurfaced.

Honored Contributor

@pietook   That type of chin is prevelent on my mother's side and I started to notice it happening to me.  I got Serious Skin Care Glycolic face cleanser with something else I had ordered and after using it for only a week noticed a difference.  I then also got the Glycolic serum and no signs whatsoever of the dreaded hereditary "chin"

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@pietook   That type of chin is prevelent on my mother's side and I started to notice it happening to me.  I got Serious Skin Care Glycolic face cleanser with something else I had ordered and after using it for only a week noticed a difference.  I then also got the Glycolic serum and no signs whatsoever of the dreaded hereditary "chin"

@Pook   Happy you've seen results. The products you're using have the glycolic acid in them that chemically exfoliate the skin. 

Super Contributor

I do use a Clarisonic.  One of Dr. Denese's products I will not give up is the facial firming pads!  I will research the Serious Skin Care line!  Thanks for all suggestions!  Please keep them coming!

Frequent Contributor
Just a thought, perhaps something that helps stimulate collagen production, like Beauty Bio’s derm roller.
Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

Hi. I have 'the chin', too. I HATE it. I don't even want to talk about it. But could you give me the exact name of the Mally primer that is like a wax? 

Respected Contributor

If your Dermotologist did inject Botox in the chin area, it will help to improve "orange peel" skin. You will probably have to have it injected every 6 months, but Botox does relax the chin muscles that contribute to "orange peel" skin.  (You can google it, and several sources confirm).  I had Botox for the first time recently, and although I don't have that issue, the Dermotologist recommended I have a small amount of Botox injected in my chin area to be preventative. I mainly had Botox injected above my eyebrows because I have a bad habit of always raising my brows! Hope you are happy with your Botox experience!

Lasers will help with "orange peel" skin, too, but they are pricey.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

So sorry it took so long to answer your question---life --- long story.  This is Mally, Evercolor Poreless Face Defender---comes in a compact and you apply with a spong.  Just dab it on your face---do not rub it in!  I LOVE it and have hoarded extras!

Super Contributor

I am happy with my Botox.  She was conservative, so I am returning tomorrow for some tweaking.  My no. 11, only went to a no. 1----getting that taken care of and maybe a little extra here and there.  I can understand why I read ladies geet addicted to it!