Respected Contributor

Opinions wanted on upcoming Calista TSV

[ Edited ]

Will the upcoming Calista TSV (pictured below) easily do loose curls/waves?  I have straight, thin hair that is shoulder length.  Will it just fall out of the brush and be a lesson in futility or will it actually work?  I've watched old presentations on YouTube, and I wish they would have models with my hair type doing their own hair so a person could see how easy it truly is for someone to use it themselves vs. someone else doing it for them.  They always have models with thicker hair...hmmm...maybe that's an answer in and of itself...

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.08.27 AM.png

Trusted Contributor

Re: Opinions wanted on upcoming Calista TSV

I now have a long bob (will get it cut next month) and my hair is fairly thick but baby fine.  I don't think it will work for you (loose waves, etc.)  I think there are other products that can do the beachy waves, but forget the names.

Esteemed Contributor

This woman keeps cranking out products - wonder when she sleeps.

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg 

My suggestion instead:

Revlon Perfect Heat 1200W Hot Air Dryer Kit with 3 Attachments, runs about $22-$23.00. Works great. Both Target and Walmart carry. 

869FCC7B-23DD-49A0-934E-F97EF60F223D.jpeg

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg   I own this tool.  I would say you would need some type of spray product to boost the hold.  For me, hot rollers hold the curl the longest; this tool is okay but not excellent and that is why I say you need a product to help.  My hair is normal/thin.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I own the original Perfector, sold via an infomercial way back when.  I use it often and now the teeth are starting to break off.  I'm wondering about replacing with another Perfector or just going with a dupe from Amazon for about half the price

Frequent Contributor

I have fine straight hair too. I don't think it will work for you for waves and curls. I use it  on my longish bangs to shape them without making them curled and it worka good for that but for me it does not really curl longer hair.  I have the best luck with caruso steam rollers. Depending on how you roll and roller size i can get any kind of style from waves to just body with curved ends to very curly.  Plus they are not damaging compared to other types of rollers and heated tools. 

Valued Contributor

It does not hold the curls. I have the wide and narrow one. I basically use it to straighten or smooth my hair.

Heated curlers or regular curlers work. Calista does not hold curls but I like using them to smooth my frizzy hair.