Super Contributor

Re: Opinions on the state of my hair color

I swear, I wouldn't even tell someone I don't like something about them if they ASKED me, I'm amazed that your best friends and family feel they have the right to just state their opinion of you without you even asking! I'm no one's doormat, so whatever I do, I will do for ME for sure...just curious as to everyone's opinion of the whole situation.

Honored Contributor

If you like what you see in the mirror, then keep it.

If you ask me for my HONEST opinion, you're going to get it. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

If people are coming up and telling you their opinion without being asked, they are rude and need to be told so.

Respected Contributor

You've had both compliments and negative feedback. Everyone's going to have an opinion. You aren't going to please everyone so please the one person that matters. You!

Honored Contributor

How important is it to you to please your DH?

Plus you have had other people comment too...

I would color my hair (in fact, I DO color my hair!)

Super Contributor

I can not believe that there are husbands who say how they want you to wear your hair!??? Really? How controlling!

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with a spouse having an opinion on how the other person looks. EVERYONE has an opinion/preference. That doesn't mean they are controlling.

My husband once said to me, "If I didn't love your hair color so much I'd ask you to dye it black." It wasn't a controlling remark, it was just a thought said outloud. One of the gals at the restaurant we go to had just dyed her hair black and he was saying how he liked it.

Respected Contributor

I think you should wear it how you feel best.

Now, if my dh, or mom, or any other close relative or friend had an opinion, I would take that into consideration.

But in the end, I would do how I felt most comfortable and attractive.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

On 5/8/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I don't see anything wrong with a spouse having an opinion on how the other person looks. EVERYONE has an opinion/preference. That doesn't mean they are controlling.

My husband once said to me, "If I didn't love your hair color so much I'd ask you to dye it black." It wasn't a controlling remark, it was just a thought said outloud. One of the gals at the restaurant we go to had just dyed her hair black and he was saying how he liked it.

How about if your husband was balding and you told him to wear a piece? Would you say to him how much better you like him with hair?

Super Contributor

My husband is not controlling at all. He does, however, want me to look my best. A controlling husband would not stay at home while I work and clean my house from top to bottom, do all my grocery shopping, do the laundry, change sheets, never say a word about what I spend or what I spend it on. A controlling husband would NOT let his wife go on a 10 day vacation to the beach with her girlfriend and hand her cash and tell her if she needs more to charge it, he would not pick up his granddaughter from school but first go pick up her dog so she can play with him while she's at our house, he would not pick up my mother and take her to her other granddaughter's college graduation while I am out of town...what can I say? He's almost perfect except he likes my hair blonde! And yeap, my mother and all my family have expressed the same opinion. A few people at work have said I like your hair this color but VERY few. My daughter says I'm old so why do I care if I look old. I find that the funniest of all....Oh I hope I live long enough for her to be 60!

Super Contributor

On 5/8/2014 jewelfool said:

My husband is not controlling at all. He does, however, want me to look my best. A controlling husband would not stay at home while I work and clean my house from top to bottom, do all my grocery shopping, do the laundry, change sheets, never say a word about what I spend or what I spend it on. A controlling husband would NOT let his wife go on a 10 day vacation to the beach with her girlfriend and hand her cash and tell her if she needs more to charge it, he would not pick up his granddaughter from school but first go pick up her dog so she can play with him while she's at our house, he would not pick up my mother and take her to her other granddaughter's college graduation while I am out of town...what can I say? He's almost perfect except he likes my hair blonde!

Hmmmm.....