Honored Contributor

Opinions on Timeless Vit C serum, please

I've been using Paula's Choice Vit C and like it very much. It has the ingredients that I want: L-Ascorbic Acid and Ferulic Acid.

But as with most C serums, the lifespan is approximately three months before it begins to oxidize. So I am thinking of switching to Timeless, not because I think it won't oxidize in that time frame but because it is less expensive.

So I'd appreciate any pros and cons about this particular serum -- any irritation or other problems.

TIA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Re: Opinions on Timeless Vit C serum, please

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've been using Paula's Choice Vit C and like it very much. It has the ingredients that I want: L-Ascorbic Acid and Ferulic Acid.

But as with most C serums, the lifespan is approximately three months before it begins to oxidize. So I am thinking of switching to Timeless, not because I think it won't oxidize in that time frame but because it is less expensive.

So I'd appreciate any pros and cons about this particular serum -- any irritation or other problems.

TIA.

Hi @suzyQ3! I love the Timeless C + ferulic serum! It comes in a one ounce dark blue glass jar with dropper...I keep mine in refridgerator and it lasts me about a month to a month and a half using every morning...it starts clear and goes to a light yellow after a few weeks...never goes dark yellow or brown...I use mine up before it ever oxidizes...I buy mine on Amazon for 16 a bottle..there are codes on Youtube (HotNFlashy has one) for 5 bucks off from the Timeless website but think they charge 25...it is my favorite C serum! No irritation for me at all! Never tried the PC one but I am sure it is a good one too! HTH's

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm glad to see this topic and @suzyQ3, I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question of my own about this product. What skin types is this suitable for? I have sensitive combination skin with an oily t-zone. Would it be too rich/oily for me? TIA

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used Paula's Choice Vitamin C as well as Timeless.  I prefer the Timeless for texture and price.  Whichever one you use, there is no need for it to oxidize or be wasted.  I did the same thing Angie did in this video, ordered the same bottles (links are below the video), and my serum stayed in pristine condition down to the last drop!  I used it liberally on my face, neck, and chest every morning, and it lasted 4 months.  I kept both bottles in the fridge and kept the bottle I wasn't using wrapped in foil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPZ2gANCtI

Respected Contributor

I use Timeless...I like it alot.  No irritation (I'm very senstive).  I keep it refridgerated as they recommend, to keep it fresh, and won't crystalize.  Very resonably priced.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I'm glad to see this topic and @suzyQ3, I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question of my own about this product. What skin types is this suitable for? I have sensitive combination skin with an oily t-zone. Would it be too rich/oily for me? TIA

Timeless goes on water-like...no shiny, oily anything.  Absorbs fast, and skin feels like nothing was applied.  I then follow with my day moisturizers with no problems.  I'm very sensitive, and Timeless does not bother my skin at all.  Keep it refridgerated, and drop a few drops directly onto the skin, and then blend with finger tips.  I put a few drops on my chest, and hands too.

Respected Contributor

I switched to Timeless because of the positive reviews and price. I'm happy with it but I don't keep it in the refrigerator because I have enough steps to my skin care routine  without running to the kitchen, LOL. I am also trying out their hyaluronic acid and Dark circle eye cream.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Texasmouse, I have never used the product but did see the following on their site

Warning: product will cause exfoliation. Not recommended for oily skin since it contains vitamin E.

I don't get the exfoliation part; I don't think that a Vitamin C serum exfoliates. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3,

Vitamin C is an acid so when it is applied to the skin then it exfoliates, usually evident as dry skin.

Honored Contributor

Vitamin C is pretty inexpensive.........I get mine at Ross, TJM, etc.    I avoid any brand that is mixed with an oily substance, since I have oily skin.

♥Surface of the Sun♥