Trusted Contributor

Opinions on Morrocan Oil Versus It's A 10?

Anyone tried both of these brands leave in oils, not the other products in their lines, and if so which line you liked best and why?

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions on Morrocan Oil Versus It's A 10?

I wouldn't even waste my money on morrocanoil, it's mostly just 'cones, the other product has a bunch of parabens with 'cones.

If you want to use an oil, why not just use a pure oil? Like coconut, jojoba, sweet almond ect.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I like them both but probably the Morrocanoil a little better. You are talking about the hair serum, right? Yes, it has silicones which are great for my hair type (med/course/wavy/tendency to frizz). Silicones are great for smoothing the hair cuticle but they can built up & cause breakage. This is easily solved by using a clarify shampoo (in my case I use one of the more astringent Wen formulas) occasionally.

It's a 10 weighs my hair down a little bit so I have to use it sparingly.

Honored Contributor

Its a 10 is not an oil

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

On 1/15/2014 Usedtobeoxox said:

Its a 10 is not an oil

Exactly. It comes in a spray bottle & is more like a thin cream consistency.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/15/2014 jaxs mom said:

I wouldn't even waste my money on morrocanoil, it's mostly just 'cones, the other product has a bunch of parabens with 'cones.

If you want to use an oil, why not just use a pure oil? Like coconut, jojoba, sweet almond ect.

I've been using Moroccan Oil for about three years. I would have never used an oil on my fine, naturally curly hair but my hair dresser used it on me and my hair looked so great, I bought a bottle the next day. I still have that same bottle, have only used about 1/2 of it so far as I only use about a bean size amount. Scones never agreed with my hair nor my face so I was surprised when it was so great in my hair. I tried the regular It's A 10 and felt it was too heavy. Exchanged it for the It's A 10-Lite and I think I like Moroccan Oil better. So I was wondering what other people thought. I have tried jojoba and it was a disaster, left my hair a greasy, stringy mess. I've also tried olive oil, no difference than what the jojoba oil did.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Contributor

On 1/15/2014 jerseygyrl said:
On 1/15/2014 Usedtobeoxox said:

Its a 10 is not an oil

Exactly. It comes in a spray bottle & is more like a thin cream consistency.

It's a 10 does have an oil product similar to Moroccan oil. I have tried both and prefer Moroccan oil light for my fine hair