Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,141
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

Anyone have an opinions on which one of her scents are best for candles? I want a couple for my bedroom, something not too feminine but that my husband would enjoy too. TIA

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

I love the Red Roses. That's the only one I have bought.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,725
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

Are her candles sold by QVC? I see Nordstrom sells them - only $455 for the Pomegranate Noir (7"H x 6"W, 230 hours).

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,141
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

On 1/10/2015 ValuSkr said:

Are her candles sold by QVC? I see Nordstrom sells them - only $455 for the Pomegranate Noir (7"H x 6"W, 230 hours).

Well that's not the one I planned to purchase, LOL. I just checked Nordstroms, and no, that's not a typo, that the candle you mentioned is $455. I wonder what makes it so expensive. Her standard candles are $65 and the travel size candles are $35. QVC doesn't sell Jo Malone. Besides Nordstroms, it's sold at Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

On 1/10/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 1/10/2015 ValuSkr said:

Are her candles sold by QVC? I see Nordstrom sells them - only $455 for the Pomegranate Noir (7"H x 6"W, 230 hours).

Well that's not the one I planned to purchase, LOL. I just checked Nordstroms, and no, that's not a typo, that the candle you mentioned is $455. I wonder what makes it so expensive. Her standard candles are $65 and the travel size candles are $35. QVC doesn't sell Jo Malone. Besides Nordstroms, it's sold at Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales.

I'm sure size may have something to do with the price. The $455 candle mentioned is 88oz. The standard $65 candles are 7oz.

The Pomegranate Noir does come in the standard $65 and travel $35 size.

Contributor
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

My all time favorite Jo Malone fragrence is "Silk Blossom" but it was a limited edition last year and no longer available...glad I stocked up. My next favorite is the "Orange Blossom" for shower gel, lotion and candle scent. All her items mix so beautifully together and you can't go wrong layering any of them.

Contributor
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

Before Christmas I purchased the Jo Malone Sage and Sea Salt Candle. It smells wonderful! My husband loves it and he usually despises any type of home scenting products. It is lovely and I think masculine enough for men.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,725
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

The travel size costs $35 for 18 hours of burn time, while the larger candle (7" x 6") is $455 for 230 hours. So they seem to be priced at $2 an hour. I guess "travel size" is nothing more than a votive.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,022
Registered: ‎10-07-2012

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

Vanilla Anise is amazing in the winter. I'm actually wearing that perfume now and would love to get the candle, too. It's very soft and almost sensual, without being too sweet.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,141
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: Opinions on Jo Malone's best candle scent

On 1/11/2015 RachB said: Vanilla Anise is amazing in the winter. I'm actually wearing that perfume now and would love to get the candle, too. It's very soft and almost sensual, without being too sweet.

May have to try that one. I bought the French Lime Blossom candle for my bedroom & burnt it last night. I really do love that scent. I also bought the travel size Lime Basil & Mandarin for my bathroom but I am not liking that scent too much. Almost smells like a man's strong aftershave to me. It didn't come across that way when I sniffed it in Nordstroms yesterday so I don't know why I didn't pick up on that then. I haven't burnt the travel size candle so I plan to exchange it. The travel sizes don't come in all the flavors and the Nordstroms close to me only had 3 scents available in the travel size. Plus I bought the last one in the French Lime Blossom so I was lucky to get it!

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!