Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions needed: The Absolute Best Blow Dryer of All Time

On 2/9/2014 wackers said:

The Solano brand has purportedly always been considered the professional blow dryer. For a long time, it was the only really super powered blow dryer available until T3, Chi and other brands came out with their versions.

I would be tempted today to invest in the Blowout Beauty Pro as they blow dry a lot of hair each and every day at their salons around the country (blow outs only - no cut or coloring) and you would think they created one that really did the job fast and well.

When I am shopping blow dryers or other hair tools, I always check out Folica dot com as they carry a lot of great brands that just don't have as much visibility outside of the big cities.

I have a T3 Revolution which I have been very happy with .................it is not as light weight as their "lightweight" dryer is but it is not that heavy either. I have no problems when blow drying with it and I do have weak wrists.

This is the one I own, and it's extraordinary, wackers. The Blowout Beauty Pro was built to last. A real workhorse. It dries hair quickly without getting as hot (hence as damaging) as some- yet it's forceful with multi settings and a cool touch button. I can make my unruly curly hair sleek and shiny if I want, maintaining enough body- which is more in drying technique. I find it easy to hold while using a round (or any type) brush--- but not as light weight as some.

Honored Contributor

I bought a Babyliss on sale @ Harmon, I wanted a new one that would dry faster and had the ionic thing going on but didn't want to pay over $50. This one works very well and my hair does dry faster, shinier.

You might find it at a BBB store that sells HBA's and you can use a coupon, or if you live in NY/Nj @ Harmon Beauty.

<h1 class="commentDescriptionContent">BaByliss Pro BABP2800 Porcelain Ceramic 2000-Watt Dryer</h1>

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Funloving for sharing your experience........... I was leaning that way anyway but with your recommendation and success, that decides it for me. I am not currently using a real lightweight dryer (tho also not heavy) and I have no issues either using a round brush to pull out the curls. And my wrists aren't the strongest but it has never been an issue.

It stands to reason that a company who does nothing but blow dry hair all day long would probably create a blow dryer that can get the job done fast yet w/o harming the hair in any way. Kind of common sense in a way!

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone, your input helps! Still doing research on the models and will decide soon!

-kk

Regular Contributor

<h1 id=""title"" class=""a-size-large a-spacing-none"">Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 2000 Watt Ionic Nano Titanium with Integrated Ion Generator Hair Dryer</h1>
  • So light weight. My hairdresser has had the one she uses in her shop for 10 years. amazon read reviews.
Frequent Contributor

I've been using this Solia for 2 yrs now and love it. Its light, powerful and reasonably priced. http://www.folica.com/tools/hair-dryers/solia-1875w-thermal-ionic-hair-dryer
Super Contributor

On 2/8/2014 sidsmom said:

Conair: Inexpensive, lightweight, powerful and......those things Will. Not. Die.

My T3 died a few weeks ago. I must have had it for a year or two and it was outrageously overpriced. I replaced it with a Conair from Walmart for around twenty dollars and it is better than the T3. It dries my hair quicker and make it shiny because it has ion technology. So I totally agree with you.Smile In addition it is very light weight for anyone who has arthritis or has difficulty raising their arm over their shoulder...

Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2014 wackers said:

Thanks Funloving for sharing your experience........... I was leaning that way anyway but with your recommendation and success, that decides it for me. I am not currently using a real lightweight dryer (tho also not heavy) and I have no issues either using a round brush to pull out the curls. And my wrists aren't the strongest but it has never been an issue.

It stands to reason that a company who does nothing but blow dry hair all day long would probably create a blow dryer that can get the job done fast yet w/o harming the hair in any way. Kind of common sense in a way!

wackers, It's a GREAT tool & I'm certain you'll enjoy using. Out of curiosity (since there wasn't much info or reviews like now, from when I purchased) I ran a search & came across this dryer for a big 'BLOWOUT' {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} 50 buck sale price. While there's special pricing on Hair Envy, that low price wasn't from their site. I'll see if I can find and link in this thread. Then you can decide if it's from a reputable company.

PLEASE be certain to check out the weight against your current T3 Revolution though. I'd feel horrible to steer you wrong if it's too heavy. Another 'worthy of mention'-- the heavy duty cord appears to be longer than average to me - which I like but you may not.

You know how mixed reviews go. Some reviewers claim it to be a lightweight dryer, while others complain about its weightiness.... which again is quite manageable for me.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon!

ETA: IF you haven't already, you can see here that price is indeed from Hair Envy, who stands behind their products. --- SWEET!--- $50 - which is over 70% off plus free ship. Such a deal. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} If memory serves I paid around $150 or more. At that time I'd done plenty of research. The Blowout Beauty Ultra Pro was the clear winner for my needs; shorter dying time with less heat, solid with longevity.

I said I'd not spend a lot of money on the next dryer.. if this baby ever dies, so I'm actually considering another for back-up at THIS price.

I usually use Folica.com & researched all pro dryer options there first.

Respected Contributor

I recently got the Super Solano from Folica based on the many recommendations on this board. It is a bit heavier than the T3 but I'm not finding it a problem. It is also not overly hot as the T3 is and has more options for heat/fan. I also find the cold shot more effective. I think I got it with a 30% off code and free shipping, plus with a magazine refund and Mr. Rebates, I think it was just over $50.

The Blowout Beauty Ultra Pro looks good at $50 too and I think that also comes with magazines you can request a refund on, so this might actually come in at about $30!!

Valued Contributor

On 2/5/2014 AspenGrove said:

Although many on this board love the Super Solano noted by the poster above, you may want to read some reviews outside of this board. Many of the reviews on the folica site say exactly what I thought about the Solano ... I felt it was really heavy compared with many other dryers and the crazy long cord was a royal pain (and added to the weight). Instead, I love my Revlon Tourmaline/Ionic dryer. Lightweight, quiet, leaves my hair with no frizz, great price .. have had for years. A friend just bought the dryer at Target, same model, and said it was still about $25.

I believe I just bought this same dryer yesterday (Revlon) on sale for $16.99 at my local supermarket. I couldn't believe it was Ionic/Tourmaline and came with two attachments. It is head and shoulders 100 times better than my other dryer (same price range) that was frying my hair. It has independent temp/speed controls plus a cool button...I love it!