Honored Contributor

Opinions On Olaplex Haircare

i’m looking for feedback on this haircare line. Nordstrom has a set with the shampoo and conditioner in the larger size ( #4 and #5), and the pretreatment #3 in a mega size for $84. This is a good deal, but I’ve never used these products before, it’s a big chunk of change, what if I hate it? The reviews are favorable, the set is in my cart, but I don’t know. Anybody use any of these products, if so are they worth the money?

Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions On Olaplex Haircare

@Jordan2 wrote:

i’m looking for feedback on this haircare line. Nordstrom has a set with the shampoo and conditioner in the larger size ( #4 and #5), and the pretreatment #3 in a mega size for $84. This is a good deal, but I’ve never used these products before, it’s a big chunk of change, what if I hate it? The reviews are favorable, the set is in my cart, but I don’t know. Anybody use any of these products, if so are they worth the money?

@Jordan2  It's my go to shampoo and conditioner! I love it!

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried it myself but you might want to check out reviews on Makeupalley.com. I use that site a lot to get feedback on products. 

Respected Contributor

I don't use their shampoo/conditioner but need to always keep #6 Bond Smoother in my stash. I have very dry and thick hair, has some curl but wild curl not pretty curl. I started using this a couple years ago after getting a free sample in a Sephora order and discovered my hairdresser carries the styling products, just not the shampoo and conditioner. A 3.3 oz bottle was $28 but I only use a petite pea size. I shampoo daily so use it daily; this bottle has lasted well over a year and I've got a bit less than half left. Of course, one would use a lot more shampoo/conditioner. I would say it's well worth the price.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use the shampoo or conditioner (I use Redken Magnetics) but my hairdresser gave me a bottle of the binding oil because my ends were frizzy and it seems to be helping. I've only been using it for about 3 weeks and so far I like it.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 Yes its one of my favorite 2 shampoo"s. Its a great hair product for bond building.  I have fine med, density hair & it also it is very moisturizing followed with the conditioner I also love no.6 so little product needed. It the best leave-in I have tried.

I have no.3,4,5 & 6. Although my hair was not damaged but over time Olaplex has stopped the breakage I was experiencing due to my fine textured hair. It well worth the cost because its so concentrated that you will need a dime or quarter size of the Shampoo & Conditioner depending on your hair type 

I use no. 3 only once a month but if your hair is damaged then at first once a wk. & then space it out. With no3. more product is appled so it can be an expensive buy but worth it. I only shampoo twice a wk. 

I you do purchased, hope it works out well for you.

Super Contributor

I used it but ended up throwing it out.  It just didn't work for me.  It really depends on the individual's hair.

Honored Contributor

I think you may have at least one of your numbers or descriptions wrong.  #3 is not a pre-treatment.  It is considered at-home maintenance after having #1 & #2 treatments at the hairdresser.  #0 thru #3 are not conditioners, they are bond builders meant to be used in conjunction with chemical services which break the bonds.  If you have not had a chemical service, they may be worthless to you.  #0 & #3 can be used together for a little boost to #3 only.  I only use these products since all the Olaplex products with a number above #3 have silicones which I avoid.

Respected Contributor

Tried shampoo, conditioner, and bond intense moisture mask. Returned all products. Nothing special. Certainly not worth the money. 

Valued Contributor

I've tried all the Olaplex products and none of them did anything for my hair.  I have #'s 1, 2, 3 and the oil in my bathroom closet.  So expensive I hated to throw any of it out, so sometimes I try again.  But I'm never happy with my my hair afterwards.  It just depends on your hair.  Mine is not too thin or thick and kind of dry.  Not really damaged.  I like Kerastase Bain Fluidealiste shampoo and conditioner sulfate free.