Respected Contributor

Opinion on tarte powder face and body bronzer?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I ordered this when I saw the presentation - it was an impulse buy.  Love the idea of not having a weird smell with a tanner or streakiness, having it cover dark spots without emphasizing them.  Somehow the idea of it not transferring on clothing, furniture seemed a little farfetched to me but I decided to believe!  Well, anyway it's here and I haven't tried it .... yet ....  Not sure if I will, actually.  I finally checked the reviews and most people say it does transfer and that it's not waterproof.  And I think they said it really doesn't blend any dark spots either (i'll have to recheck so don't quote me on that).  Also it is said to be quite shiney.  Of course a few people love it per the reviews.  Most seem not to.  So, please - give me your thoughts / experience with this product!

tarte Park Ave Princess Waterproof Face & Body Light/Medium
Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion on tarte powder face and body bronzer?

I ordered this last time it was on air and I didn't like it. It looked splotchy didn't provide even coverage. I didn't notice much transfer though so that was good. I was really hoping this would be a good solution for me but alas, it wasn't meant to be. I hope you end up liking it and I'm interested in how it works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

moonandthestars,

I JUST GOT MINE TOO A WEEK OR SO AGO.  HAVE ONLY PLAYED AROUND WITH IT AS WE ARE STILL IN LONG SLEEVES AND PANTS.

FOR ME IT WILL SUIT MY NEEDS JUST FINE.  I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANYTHING FULL COVERAGE OR TO GO TO THE BEACH IN,  BUT MORE OF A SUNKISSED GLOW IN CERTAIN AREAS OF THE BODY AND FACE.

TO BE HONEST, I DO NOT THINK ANY BRONZING OR MAKE UP IS 100% TRANSFER OR WATER PROOF.  I GUESS IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT IT FOR.  I REALLY LIKE IT SO FAR, BUT WILL NO MORE WHEN THE WARMER WEATHER HITS AND I USE IT MORE.   I SURE HOPE THAT IS SOON!!  HAHA!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Respected Contributor

@weezer111 @GenXmuse   

Thank you for sharing your experiences with it.  I had ordered it to use on my legs, feet, maybe arms.  I worry about it ruining furniture & clothing.  Just seems like a weird concept now that I have it.   Does it have a lot of shine or sparkle?

Would a liquid body bronzer also transfer? 

I guess laura geller also has a body bronzing powder that people seem to love - but again .... how does that not smudge on furniture and clothing?

Respected Contributor

A512493 (Color: Dark)  Only used on my face, neck and chest (since it is too cold for shorts).  I am Irish, and it gave me a tan-like appearance.  Be careful not to use too much product or will appear "shiny," plus the product is thin coverage, so yes, will see age spots, etc.  Used it as a face contour too, works good, but used a small brush to apply.

Tried it on my face over two different foundations: 

(Bare Minerals face powder): Did appear slightly blotchy.   

(Tarte 12 hr. foundation):     The bronzer blended well, looked like a tan, not orange.

Do not plan to use on legs (will continue using self-tanner knowing the powder will transfer slightly.  Waterproof (will not come off in the rain) is different than transfer-proof). 

@moonandthestars   Which shade did you get?

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze  Thanks Smiley Happy  I guess I was typing another reply when you were posting.

Yes, I was interested in this for my body, so maybe it won't be the right product for me

Interesting that about the waterproof aspect of it, but wonder if getting it wet would make it more likely to smudge on things.  

Which self tanner do you use and like?

Yes, I don't know that I would be expecting this product to completely cover dark spots, but sometimes with self tanners those emphasize the dark spots, which I was thinking this would not do (and probably wouldn't).

I got the light medium which is what the host suggested!  Sounds like it's probably too light for me?  I'm a medium+ (as in mostly to the darker end of medium)  I just wanted something subtle to made my legs look good.  I may go back to self tanner instead.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have tested it twice. It would have been extremely helpful to customers IF the  Tarte Product Rep or Host would have given more info to get the best results from this product .

Only basic info written on outside of box. No product insert  for added info. I plan to check the Tarte website or inquire  with their Rep .

It does not transfer hours after you apply it .  I think it does depend on the type of lotion that you use. Oil based lotions such as argon,  olive oil may impair  the non transfer able  advertised aspect  of this product  . The powder  does look  minimally shiny , but no more than if you had just applied argon oil to your skin. The so called light/medium color is a little on the reddish side.

The transfer ability may increase depending on the type of lotion you apply to your skin. I am experimenting as I first used mineral oil make up remover cloths to remove it.  I had used argon oil on my legs prior to application, however this time I may use goat milk  lotion or Cera ve  lotion. I bought light/medium and applied it heavily trying to cover a bruise and some veins . It does not cover , so I might try a base makeup with tanner over it , I do not know if it is water proof. If, I keep the product to cover my legs , I will likely only use when wearing a dress that is Not a light color to prevent staining clothes

Esteemed Contributor

I HAVE USED LAURA GELLER AS WELL moonandthestars.  ANOTHER PRODUCT I REALLY LIKE.  I JUST THINK ANY PRODUCT;  POWDER OR LIQUID WILL HAVE SOME TRANSFER.

JUST BE CAREFUL WITH THE LEGS!

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars   Shawn K. did recommend the lighter shade for a subtle tan.  I like Tarte products (no talc, unlike Geller's products) and there is no other bronzer I wanted to try based on the ingredients.   

I remember the Q model Jacque saying she used self tanner: St. Tropez (QVC-$44), and she looked amazing.  

For me, I use a $10 brand (L'Oreal Gelee).  Looks good for days if you exfoliate, but does not 'dry' on the body for 2 hrs...so cannot dress until then.  Good luck!