Contributor

Re: Opinion on LUSH products

Personally I have had great experiences with their products but I do agree with some of the other posters it can be harsh for sensitive skin. 

Trusted Contributor

I was never in a free standing store and I am just dying to go in and check it out - love cut soaps soooo much for hands mostly if natural. Lush was a huge deal on a beauty site I was on and people talked about it, I even ordered a few things samples and they still had a scent after like 14 years!!!(now that could be good or bad right?) lol. Hwoever no stores were out here in PA or East in fact back in 2000 I belive, then one came to Philly but hard to get to (parking). I passed it when in a DE mall last month but sadly it was near closing time. Even if not all natural...I'm so curious!!!

Love my rock gem soaps and neat cut soaps. I think the overhead must be crazy ..they should find a diff way to bring to the public as that may be why it's $.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I confess to loving some of Lush's products:

1. Rock Star Soap--smells like candy vanilla. Can't get enough of the scent.

2. Big Shampoo. Best clarifying, volumizing shampoo. Weird stuff (looks like wet salt) smells like lime mojitos, really works. I don't use it every day as it can be drying and it is ridiculously priced for what you get.

3. Icon perfume: discontinued. Really delicious smell, myrhh and bergamot and sandalwood. I have a solid tube that replaced the powder they used to sell.

This is my problem with Lush. They discontinue things constantly. You fall in love with a scent and it's gone forever. I hate when you find something you love and the makers get bored and stop making it for no good reason. 

And their products are quite expensive. But nothing smells quite like them.

A few more I like:

Bath bombs in rose scents 

Bath melts (make bubbles) Used to like Candy bath (probably discontinued)

Dream Cream

Regular Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I confess to loving some of Lush's products:

1. Rock Star Soap--smells like candy vanilla. Can't get enough of the scent.

2. Big Shampoo. Best clarifying, volumizing shampoo. Weird stuff (looks like wet salt) smells like lime mojitos, really works. I don't use it every day as it can be drying and it is ridiculously priced for what you get.

3. Icon perfume: discontinued. Really delicious smell, myrhh and bergamot and sandalwood. I have a solid tube that replaced the powder they used to sell.

This is my problem with Lush. They discontinue things constantly. You fall in love with a scent and it's gone forever. I hate when you find something you love and the makers get bored and stop making it for no good reason. 

And their products are quite expensive. But nothing smells quite like them.

A few more I like:

Bath bombs in rose scents 

Bath melts (make bubbles) Used to like Candy bath (probably discontinued)

Dream Cream

I agree! They do cancel products I have come to love,but then there is always something new to love too! My husband has tried M.D. prescriptions and other creams for his excema but NOTHING has worked as well as Dream Cream!! I love their solid bar moisturizers!

Esteemed Contributor

There area inside department stores and their Lush stores look cute and enticing with cutie soaps and fizzy balls, and the area always smells good.  That's where my kindness ends becuase I am completely underwhelmed with the products.  

The only way I would buy anything from Lush would be for looks only-- possibly as an addition to a gift box of a bath and body products I might put together for someone.  Even with that my purchase would be limited to a couple of those adorably shaped fizzy bath balls they have.   

Honored Contributor

@Campion... Yes... It was the bath bombs DD likes! There are some that leave sparkles in the tub as it dissolves!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

My DD's and nieces asked for bath bombs for Christmas. We have a free standing store near by. The bath bombs are like $8.  You drop them in the tub, they fizz for 60 seconds then you have colored water. Total rip off if you ask me. 

Honored Contributor

we have a lot of lush favorites in our house.....

my daughters love the bath bombs and the bubble bars on a stick.

one daughter likes some of their masks and scrubs in the small black containers that she uses on her face. when you save up enough of the empty containers you can return for a freebie.

Bring back 5 and we'll exchange them for a free Fresh Face Mask. You get clean, radiant skin and we'll make sure that your containers get recycled and up-cycled for you.

i love their stout shampoo and use it once a week. it provides a good deep cleaning/clarifying. the fair trade honey is also very good.

i use the twinkle toes foot powder daily.

the lemony flutter cuticle butter is great if you have bad cuticles or very areas around your nails.

the ocean salt body scrub smells wonderful and is a great once a week exfoliator. we also use the dirty springwash shower gel.

i am sure there are some things i am missing from our list. if you are in the store they will give you small samples of anything to take home and try. you can also try things right in the store if you like.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I like their Sandstone soap.  My sister likes their bath bombs.  That's about it.  I'm not a huge fan of the line overall, but I don't like things that have a lot of fragrance in them and some of Lush's products are just too strong for me or I simply don't like the scent.  They have a really nice store in the Orlando airport.  I always take a whirl through if I have time.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*