Frequent Contributor

I was just introduced to Lush products & liked the idea of natural ingredients being used.  The only thing that bothers me is the price point.  I don't mind paying a higher price as long as the products are worth it.

I was hoping that I could get some feedback regarding these products.  Are they worth the price?  If so, what are some of your favorite products.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Respected Contributor

Re: Opinion on LUSH products

@chgobrsfan wrote:

I was just introduced to Lush products & liked the idea of natural ingredients being used.  The only thing that bothers me is the price point.  I don't mind paying a higher price as long as the products are worth it.

I was hoping that I could get some feedback regarding these products.  Are they worth the price?  If so, what are some of your favorite products.

Don't get too blown away by their "natural" claims.  They hide their preservative systems under "parfum" in the ingredient deck among other misrepresentations.  

Frequent Contributor

Have you looked at Whish? I have tried both and prefer Whish. It is sold at Nordstrom and Ulta.

Super Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@chgobrsfan wrote:

Don't get too blown away by their "natural" claims.  They hide their preservative systems under "parfum" in the ingredient deck among other misrepresentations.  

How interesting, and how sad that's legal.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

@chgobrsfan wrote:

Anything pre-made?  There's going to be a margin of 'fluff'.  Just like prepared 'health' foods..they hide 'fluff' in the guise of 'natural flavorings' and/or 'spices'.  

It's a "Good-Better-Best" scenario.

For example, deodorant.

Good=drugstore natural brand

Better=Lush brand with fewer ingredients

Best=Mother Nature...wear none or make it yourself

Fav products?  I used their deodorant for awhile before learning to make my own.  It served its purpose.    I also use 'Silky Underwear'....a powder that smells SO pretty!  And their seasonal soaps are super cute...!

Honored Contributor

@chgobrsfan

We gifted this to our DD when she was pregnant... For use in the tub. She really loves the bath products even though she has eczema.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I have not tried every product, far from it, but what I have tried is not too impressive for the price.  The products are fine, but the prices are far from fine.  You don't get what you pay for here, at least IMO.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

Natural doesn't mean its good for your skin.  They use a lot of potentially irritating oils and herbs and their scents are overpowering.  I certainly wouldn't recommend them if you have any sensitivity.

Frequent Contributor

I will definately check this product out.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you to all that responded.  I will continue to search for products that actually help my skin, not their bank accounts.