Trusted Contributor

Opinion of Paula's Choice's new Calm line

I needed skincare as I used up all of the products I had. I used products from DHC and other Paula's Choice lines including the redness relief and resist lines. I finished them all on vacation last week. I ordered the new Calm kit for dry skin for $129.00. 

My opinion is that it is much better than either of the lines and actually seems to be a new mixture of what is best in both lines. I am loving the results and the packaging is an improvement. I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend the new Calm line.

Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion of Paula's Choice's new Calm line

@Squirrel Lover

Is this for sensitive skin or just dry skin?  Just wondering since it says "calm" in the title? Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

it is a new line for sensative skin. You can choose normal to dry ot normal to oily. The calm line is replacing the current moisture boost line and hydro light line. I am not sure if it is also replacing the recovery line too. It is an improvement on all three of these lines to me.

Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

it is a new line for sensative skin. You can choose normal to dry ot normal to oily. The calm line is replacing the current moisture boost line and hydro light line. I am not sure if it is also replacing the recovery line too. It is an improvement on all three of these lines to me.

The Recovery line (also for sensitive, dry skin) is not being replaced. Thank goodness because I really love the moisturizer.

I probably will try the new Calm line at some point, especially because my beloved Hydralight toner will no longer exist.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I'm a little upset about the Hydralight cleanser being discontinued. I use it on my eyes not only is it a great makeup remover but since I was diagnosed with blepharitis a few years ago, the hydralight cleanser keeps the condition under control (yes I know I can use johnsons baby shampoo but I do not like the scent, lol) anyway I called PC and was told the calm redness cleanser for normal/oily is the exact same product as the hydralight just repackaged and added to the calm line. Well that isn't true, the ingredients are different and they have added aloe (to calm redness) to which I an allergic. The hydralight supply is due to be depleted within the next few months so I still have time to purchase and store them for future use. I was told that they are good for 3 years unopened and 12 months once open.

Occasional Contributor

I havebeen using this line since it came out and for me I can tell you its my 100% holy grail I havecombo oily skin but with psoriatic flares that play havic with my skin With this line I can use gentle products that Work with the underlying cmco.oily issues as well as thescaling and dryness of psorisis talk about an ordeal!!!  I use the dry skin moisturizer as an eye cream love it! The only product I wasn't 100% on was theday moisturizer felt a little too heavy and slightly greasy feel so I continue to use theresist light day moisture with spf 30 Its lighttint is perfect for me hope you have good results too !!!