Super Contributor

Re: Only 1 Bare Minerals Show on Beauty Day on Saturday

Seems to me the Q just does not support BM like they used to. Here they have a brand that is in a class by themselves, they revolutionized the foundation category, and the shadow category, they have them in their line...and they dont even promote them any longer. I mean to have a show on at 5 in the morning on beauty day should tell you right there what the Q thinks of them, no wonder the sales are down. I mean who in the world is running that dept? The Q could have done advance orders on the new cream, just as they did with the serum foundation, but no, they had some little afterthought hour program selling nothing. I for one am pretty mad that they just dont care about the viewer any longer. No wonder my purchases are going to another channel, and I certainly spend some bucks on my beauty.

Frequent Contributor

Maybe they held back on the number of shows since BM had two TSV days so close together, August and November? Or is that normal for them? How often do they have beauty weekends? I remember one last May. I really want them to bring The Star Factor compact back. I love the colors in that and I'm afraid it'll get dropped and broken. I never retouch my makeup during the day. I'm an ER nurse who wears Bare Minerals... I don't NEED to retouch my face. But that compact is my perfect, natural pick me up. I know people complained about the colors being light, but it certainly sold out soon enough!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2015 turtle52 said:

Bare Minerals is going to be releasing a new BB/CC gel tinted moisturizer in stores and online tomorrow. It's called Complexion Rescue. I think that it's been discussed previously on these boards and it is getting a lot of press. It was shown as a new product that will be coming to the Q and was shown as a set with a new brush which will be sold separately in the stores. I'm sure that the QVC price will be better if you want/need the brush. I wonder if it will be sold on Saturday. I plan to get color matched before then. There are 10 shades--each shade has a choice of cool, warm or neutral; I think that this is the way to go. I am excited to try it.

Sounds nice! Thanks for the heads-up!!

Super Contributor

Look how many times a year Philosophy is on, BM sure does not get that much rotation. The only way change occurs is if more people try and keep giving our opinion on boards like this, otherwise they will just keep bringing the same old brands back and back. Their is nothing wrong with brands like It and Tarte, I like them, but BM has way more products in the line than those companies, I just keep seeing the same old products shown over and over and over again.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 happymom23 said:

Maybe they held back on the number of shows since BM had two TSV days so close together, August and November? Or is that normal for them?

Bare Minerals used to have a minimum of three TSVs every year -- one in January (usually a Grand collection with foundation, which was often an AD with a total of three installments), another in the late spring (usually a Faux Tan TSV), and then the Holiday TSV in November (again an AD, this time with four installments). Leslie was on every month, with at least three shows each day. And the anniversary shows brought such fantastic kits in multiple shows throughout the day (or over a two-day visit).

Now we're lucky if we get one show a month, and often, months go by without a single show. There was no mention made of their anniversary on the Q last year, and I have to wonder if there will be one this year. The makeup bag AD, which was supposed to have three different bags, was canceled after two.

It's a shame, because the kits they created for the Q were great values, and the jumbo sizes are jump-on purchases.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 beautymogul said:

Look how many times a year Philosophy is on, BM sure does not get that much rotation.

Not only are they on multiple times each month, but they seem to have a TSV every month to six weeks. The same, goes for Clarisonic and Josie Maran, and It seems to be on every ten days (and has 4-5 TSVs a year, too).