Super Contributor

I just saw on another thread that laura no longer owns her company, who bought her out?

Respected Contributor

Oh cr*ap! Really? Seems that every time someone gets bought out, the formula's get changed, and not for the better.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

I know. I am wondering who exactly bought her out?

Honored Contributor

I just did a very quick check on the net about this question., back in 2012 Laura G partnered with a company out of Conneticut , I believe the company was Tenagram. They are into the baked cosmetics aspect of cosmetics companies.

this was just a quick read. if another company is in with this partnership, this I don't know.

Esteemed Contributor
I don't see any thread about her not owning the company. What thread is it?
Honored Contributor

beautymogul - She's not completely bought out, but the investment partners group owns a majority stake which could be as low as 51% or as much as 99%.

Frequent Contributor

That must be why she does not have her salon in NY anymore. I wondered why she did not have her salon where they would help women with their make-up. It seems that everyone sells their companies to other conglomerates. That is what happened with my husband's company, about a half a dozen times. He is at retirement age, but wants to work another three years. He is very blessed to even have a job that pays good and has great benefits.

You know B. Makowsky and KVZ, and Tignanella and Philosophy and Tova sold theirs as well.

Honored Contributor
On 3/8/2015 Mistic said:

Oh cr*ap! Really? Seems that every time someone gets bought out, the formula's get changed, and not for the better.

I know that can happen, and we've all seen it with some other cosmetic/skincare companies. Laura's Baked Elements Foundation was introduced after the fact, and it's one of my favorites. I like it better than the Balance-n-Brighten.

Honored Contributor
On 3/8/2015 beautymogul said:

I just saw on another thread that laura no longer owns her company, who bought her out?

I think you meant "owner". {#emotions_dlg.unsure}