Honored Contributor

One reason for the TSVs disappointing results?

Dilution.  Too many lines on too many channels, and all the moving around is head spinning.  Of course, maybe beauty sales have improved, what do we know.

Respected Contributor

Re: One reason for the TSVs disappointing results?

Depglass, I have seen enough beauty. I'm trying to just keep up with all the changes. PS. Have not bought one item in over two months. Miracles do happen😊
Honored Contributor

I dislike the 3 channels.  I tune in to Beauty IQ and what they are presenting is an offer that is no longer valid.   Also, now seldom tune in to HSN since they no longer offer a lot of free shipping like they did before the merger.

Valued Contributor

Same company getting all the tsv's, namely IT Cosmetics.  They have had enough tsv's to last the entire year and then some, but what do you want to bet they will get more?  Other companies likes Tarte, etc. may get one a year?  Something is wrong here.  And then you have Mally who had a tsv on the beauty channel, but don't think she has any more on QVC this year.  And Laura Geller, Urban Decay, Doll 10, and on and on.  One last company that gets way too many tsv's is Philosophy!  And they are always huge oversize products that don't fit in the shower. 

Respected Contributor

i really dislike the big super sized bottles of anything.  i like to change things up. try different scents. probably why i''m a big fan of sample sizes. i love to try new stuff, and i don't want to commit to a big bottle.

Honored Contributor

I also dislike the supersizes especially in Philosophy shower gels.  I like a variety and these last way too long and take up too much room.  I think it is cheaper for them to use one large container instead of 2 - 4 small bottles.  I still think the product is watered-down too.  I made up my mind I won't buy any more of those huge bottles.  Never buy any in a scent I haven't tried.  

Esteemed Contributor

I will continue to use Philosophy face products but I am done with purchasing the shower gels.  I am sick of the oversized bottles,  and the no scent. I rarely take baths and a few months ago I decided to try one of the shower gels in my bath. I was pouring in a lot to try to get a  a bubble bath. I would get just a little bit of bubbles where the water would pour out, but the second that I stepped into the tub, it would pretty much dissipate. I tried this for a few nights and always had the same results.  

I am of course using up my existing supply, but I am sticking with Korres and Perlier. 

Honored Contributor

I can think of a reason.  First of all there are too many TSVs by the same vendor.  I mean how many TSVs can one brand have?  Also, the prices have not been that great.  $70 and $80 TSVs are NO BARGAIN.  QVC definitely needs to get in new vendors with NEW products.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I dislike the 3 channels.  I tune in to Beauty IQ and what they are presenting is an offer that is no longer valid.   Also, now seldom tune in to HSN since they no longer offer a lot of free shipping like they did before the merger.

I have not purchased things I might have from HSN since they now charge shipping when they didn't before.  My biggest example would be Lancome.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i really dislike the big super sized bottles of anything.  i like to change things up. try different scents. probably why i''m a big fan of sample sizes. i love to try new stuff, and i don't want to commit to a big bottle.

I don’t want the huge sizes, either.  I feel like I won’t use them up before the product gets old.  I also don’t need any more brushes.  I’d rather buy regular sized products of only the items I need.