Honored Contributor

Re: One of Amazon's most popular anti-aging Vitamin C serums....

SAP has been used in vitamin C serums for a long time. It has been found to be less effective than MAP. I prefer using the somewhat new kid on the block called tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (abbrev THD ascorbate). It's an oil, highly stable and penetrates the skin directly to the deeper layers. Has an exceptional ability to lighten skin and dark spots in as little as two weeks. Most serums containing THD will cost you more, however. THD is not an inexpensive ingredient. I make my own 10% THD. Making VC serum is my passion.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Eva Naturals is another Amazon line that is good, there are so many of these kinds of unknown brands on Amazon and Ebay, it is hard to choose, many of them all natural. 

Trusted Contributor

I have been using the BioBare Vitamin C, B, E and Ferulic Serum.  I'm on my 3rd bottle.  When researching vitamin C products I came across this one. It was the highest rated with all 5 star reviews.  It has 20% vitamin C in it. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee ~

Umm...  Do you have any plans on packaging your formulas for purchase by the Q Family?  Smiley Very Happy

PS ~ No Griping About Shipping Costs Either.  PROMISE!  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@SilleeMee ~

Umm...  Do you have any plans on packaging your formulas for purchase by the Q Family?  Smiley Very Happy

PS ~ No Griping About Shipping Costs Either.  PROMISE!  

Oh that would would be somethin', wouldn't it??! Woman LOL@Mistic  Could make me rich, eh?Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I want to trust Amazon reviews.

But when I tried to give a negative review of a clothing item, it was rejected. It was just an honest report that the item showed a blouse with sheer sleeves and opaque front but the entire blouse was sheer. Amazon said the review would not be posted. the company refused to accept return and Amazon did not support the customer. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

SAP has been used in vitamin C serums for a long time. It has been found to be less effective than MAP. I prefer using the somewhat new kid on the block called tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (abbrev THD ascorbate). It's an oil, highly stable and penetrates the skin directly to the deeper layers. Has an exceptional ability to lighten skin and dark spots in as little as two weeks. Most serums containing THD will cost you more, however. THD is not an inexpensive ingredient. I make my own 10% THD. Making VC serum is my passion.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  can you recommend a few that  I can look at? Maybe somethng I can find on Amazon? I typed in THD Ascorbate, but when I looked at the ingredients of the products that came up, I didnt see it in the ingredient list...

As always, thanks for your expertise!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  can you recommend a few that  I can look at? Maybe somethng I can find on Amazon? I typed in THD Ascorbate, but when I looked at the ingredients of the products that came up, I didnt see it in the ingredient list...

As always, thanks for your expertise!

@Mothertrucker 

Right off the top of my head I can think of two: 

Prai Potent-C Power Drops

PTR Potent C Power Serum

I've never tried these but they both contain THD ascorbate. Personally, I don't recommend buying skin care products from Amazon. There are many fake products sold there and I would rather buy directly from the maker's website or from reputable places like HSN,Qvc, Ulta or Dermstore.

Respected Contributor

I would never buy a product that oxidizes as quickly as vit C from Amazon.  I use vit C serum and swear by it but spend a little $ for a  quality, FRESH product direct from the manufacture.

Honored Contributor

I got it for $16.99 on my Amazon subscribe and save monthly delivery.  It is just like auto ship... you can adjust it how you need it.  I have been using Isomers vitamin C with Ferulic Acid but it will be interesting to rotate these two and see how that goes.