Respected Contributor

Re: One brown sport on my cheek and it's so dry - ick!

@AngelPuppy1    When you see your doctor or derm, please let us know how you are doing.  I'm sure they can help better than we can.

Best of luck. Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi! I'm with the rest of the team. I think it's best to seek our the advice of a physician. I wish you all the best and keep us posted!

Honored Contributor

I am under a derm's care constantly and this spot has been checked a number of times and by 2 different derms and I have been told that it's a sun spot.  It is bothering me because since it is so dry, as I have said, I can't properly cover it with a concealer.  Thanks for your posts! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I am under a derm's care constantly and this spot has been checked a number of times and by 2 different derms and I have been told that it's a sun spot.  It is bothering me because since it is so dry, as I have said, I can't properly cover it with a concealer.  Thanks for your posts! 

@AngelPuppy1  Now that we know you've done your due diligence, we can move on.  I would try exfoliating and dabbing some jojoba butter on it.  I don't know how it happened, but I developed some wartlike skin on my pinky. I've been doing the same treatment there, along with covering it with a bandage.  It's working and the skin is returning to normal.  I redo it twice daily.

IMG_2126.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Now that we know you've done your due diligence, we can move on.  I would try exfoliating and dabbing some jojoba butter on it.  I don't know how it happened, but I developed some wartlike skin on my pinky. I've been doing the same treatment there, along with covering it with a bandage.  It's working and the skin is returning to normal.  I redo it twice daily.

IMG_2126.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

IMG_2126.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

IMG_2126.jpeg

Sounds good but what would you suggest to exfoliate, since my skin is sensitive?  I have a 7 day scrub from Clinique?  Would this work?? 

Thanks for suggesting this product.  I am appreciative! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Since you see a derm and the spot is a "sun" spot why not ask them for recommendations on a topical or perhaps they will remove it?  

Frequent Contributor

No but I'm always scared I will get it or any of the tick diseases. Ticks seem to love me. We live out in the woods where there is a lot of wildlife. We treat our yard and the dogs and I still tick bites.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1  - you might want to clean up your above post and edit out all the repeated quotes. 

The actual exfoliating product is up for grabs, since everyone knows what their own skin can tolerate. You have to make your own best choice.  On my face, when I use physical  exfoliating products I want something with very fine "scrubbies". One of my staples is Vasanti Brighten Up.  You can probably find a small tube on Amazon if you want to try it.  However, you might be able to get enough exfoliation with a terry washcloth.  🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I would use a rinse-off fairly strong peel, somewhere in the 25% to 30% strength. You can spot-treat or do a whole-face. Two products come to mind:

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel – When I'm  Older

The Ordinary - AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution 30ml/1oz - Exfoliating &  Peeling | Free Worldwide Shipping | Strawberrynet USA

Follow the directions carefully. The product will exfoliate, turn rough skin smooth and with continued use your brown spot should lighten up significantly. If by chance there are no changes (which I highly doubt) then talk with derm to see about other options.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would use a rinse-off fairly strong peel, somewhere in the 25% to 30% strength. You can spot-treat or do a whole-face. Two products come to mind:

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel – When I'm  Older

The Ordinary - AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution 30ml/1oz - Exfoliating &  Peeling | Free Worldwide Shipping | Strawberrynet USA

Follow the directions carefully. The product will exfoliate, turn rough skin smooth and with continued use your brown spot should lighten up significantly. If by chance there are no changes (which I highly doubt) then talk with derm to see about other options.

@SilleeMee I thought about The Ordinary, too, but @AngelPuppy1  said her skin was sensitive so I reconsidered, thinking she wouldn't like how it felt.