Honored Contributor

Re: One More Thing About the "New" Forum Format

@dooBdoo 

That was it!  In an attempt to get to this page, I checked my profile to make sure I was using my old account and not the new one I made to try to get onto the site.

Honored Contributor

So does anyone know what the problem was if they didn't make any changes and why some could log in and others couldn't?

Honored Contributor

I dont see a new format Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I think they put up the new format, flew it around the block, saw problems and took it down to fix them.

If you thought people would howl about logging in twice, wait until a new format is put up.  They are guaranteed to HATE it, DESPISE it, cannot deal with a new format, will threaten to leave.

Two weeks from now they won't be able to tell you what this one looked like.

Ex-webmaster here saying been there, done that, hated taking flack for anything N E W!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I've been a webmaster on two forums.  One was male dominant and the other was female.  The men were much better/nicer about any kind of change or the forum having to be down for maintenance for a few hours.  

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

I don't know where that page is now lol  That's ok!  I'm just glad to be back Smiley Happy

@monicakm, You'll see it when you click on your name to view your profile listing, the one which lists your posts, heart activity, etc.

@dooBdoo 

I see what your talking about when clicking on Profile, but under "My Images," I see photos I posted here previously from other websites.  Under them, it says "Awaiting Approval."

They posted OK, so I don't know what in the world this is.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Sooner 

I've been a webmaster on two forums.  One was male dominant and the other was female.  The men were much better/nicer about any kind of change or the forum having to be down for maintenance for a few hours.  

@monicakm Woman Very HappyWoman EmbarassedWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

I don't know where that page is now lol  That's ok!  I'm just glad to be back Smiley Happy

@monicakm, You'll see it when you click on your name to view your profile listing, the one which lists your posts, heart activity, etc.

@dooBdoo 

I see what your talking about when clicking on Profile, but under "My Images," I see photos I posted here previously from other websites.  Under them, it says "Awaiting Approval."

@Foxxee,  It's an image approval feature, part of the "canned" forum software package QVC purchased for the new Community platform back in summer 2015 which is not used.  Way back when we were learning to navigate the new forum format the moderators said the feature isn't used here but the "Awaiting Approval" notations display can't be suppressed.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@dooBdoo 

@Foxxee,  It's an image approval feature, part of the "canned" forum software package QVC purchased for the new Community platform back in summer 2015, which is not used.  Way back when we were learning to navigate the new forum format the moderators said the feature isn't used here but the "Awaiting approval" notations display can't be suppressed.

@dooBdoo 

Thanks for explaining that!  I've always wondered about it.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@dooBdoo 

That was it!  In an attempt to get to this page, I checked my profile to make sure I was using my old account and not the new one I made to try to get onto the site.

No worries, @monicakm.😊

I can see why finding yourself in your profile when you thought you had clicked on the Beauty sub-forum would appear to be a new format. 😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova