Frequent Contributor

Once again another question on Shampoo for color treated hair,Help

Hello

I know there has been many questions on this subject ,But can't find the answer to it.  I am now not able to buy Salon shampoo and conditioners right now for my Color Treated hair,Have to find something from say Target or Walmart that will work and not dry out or strip the hair color, Do any of you have some ideas for me ??

Respected Contributor

Re: Once again another question on Shampoo for color treated hair,Help

Have you tried Suave?  They have shampoo for color treated hair.

Honored Contributor

Really, you can't find the answers?  All you have to do is use the search feature and type in "drugstore shampoo color treated" and you'll get lots of threads to check out.

Trusted Contributor

I've used Herbal Essences for color treated hair for 45 years and never had a problem.

Trusted Contributor

@MeadowLark     I use Suave Professionals Keratin Infustion Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner.  While it does not specifically say for color treated hair, it has lower sulfates, frizz control and seals your hair cuticles.  I use it on my color treated hair and it does help keep the color and my hair is also softer.  Hope this helps.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MeadowLark    You don't necessarily need a color treated shampoo but rather a gentle shampoo.  I had a friend that was a hair stylist and he told me about this.  He also said with shampoos you can place a little in a separate container and add water and use that way.  Since we wash our more often now, you don't need to use the shampoo full strength.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

All OGX and Maui Moisture shampoos and conditioners are safe for colored hair. They do not contanin SLS which is the culprit. I know you're on a budget but if you can afford a filter at Home Depot for your shower, it's wonderful for hair and skin!

Super Contributor

I just love Agadir Argan Oil Moisturing Shampoo...I don't normally need the conditioner.  II used to buy this from my stylist for double the price of just the shampoo, but now get it from Walgreen's online.  Between the much lower price, & sometime sale of Buy One Get One 1/2 off, plus all the bonus points, the shampoo comes out to around $10 & lasts me over 6 months.  My hair is super shiny, soft & my color last a very long time.

Try Agadir Moisturing Shampoo...I think you'll love it as much as I do!

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/agadir-argan-oil-daily-moisturizing-shampoo-%26-conditioner/ID=pro...