Regular Contributor

On TV - IL MAKIAGE foundation

On my local tv channels - in the evening mostly - there has been an advert for a foundation by the name of IL MAKIAGE.

Anyone have tried this brand, and any thoughts or opinions?

Honored Contributor

Re: On TV - IL MAKIAGE foundation

@clarika wrote:

On my local tv channels - in the evening mostly - there has been an advert for a foundation by the name of IL MAKIAGE.

@clarika  An enormous, unbelievable number of positive reviews makes me doubt the foundation and hype.... It also has mega coverage...not my personal forte. I've always believed, you cannot look natural when you blanket your face and individuality with makeup. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@clarika wrote:

Hi @clarika - I have their foundation, concealer and an eyeliner.  I love their foundation and concealer matching quizzes - made a perfect match for me.  I do not wear a lot of makeup at all, and I would not want heavy coverage, luckily these do not cause that.

If you don't want something, you have 2 weeks to return it prepaid and they refund no questions.  I've done that with an eyebrow pencil - there was nothing wrong with it (I actually didn't even open it) but decided to get microblading instead so I didn't need it.

Honored Contributor

I go to TrustPilot dot com to see what others have to say about a website, their products and also their service. That company appears to be legit and there are hundreds of reviews for their stuff which go back a few years (since 2018). 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is this from the founder, Ilana Markavi? She was a presenter on the Q years ago, who gave wonderful demonstrations. I don't remember a liquid foundation, (that's because I don't use that), but I did get her book that had beautiful & natural shades: powder foundation, blush & shadows, and used that for a long time.

I remember reading (a long time ago) that Bobbi Brown was a student of hers.

Respected Contributor

@clarika  I just recently tried their foundation. Had to return. You pay nothing upfront for the foundation. If you return it they charge you $5, if you keep the foundation they charge you the cost of the foundation. You have to remember to return the foundation in the specified time or you will be charged the full amount. I took their color quiz and the color I was sent was slightly off for me, but I am a hard match anyway. The foundation was really full coverage and thick. I like at least medium coverage foundation but this was ridiculous looking on me. Not a good look.

Honored Contributor

I have been seeing them on Facebook over and over.. I did take their quiz and the color they choose looks to be spot on for me, but I don't want full coverage.....

Respected Contributor

I recently bought from them after seeing their ads pop up on my FB feed.  Good company to deal with.  Took the color shad quiz and paid $5 up front.  Got a freebie brush included in the box.  The foundation was good, but the color seemed to be just a smidge off so I returned it.  No problem, no questions, easy.  In fact, they emailed me a $50 credit to spend on a next purchase.  I'll stick with brick and mortars now so I can eyeball everything from making sure it's not expired to picking the right shade.  Good luck and let us know what you buy.  :-)

Honored Contributor

i am very familiar with this brand.  back in the mid 70's I worked as a make-up artist and I permanently removed hair in a shop where I started out as a hair stylist.

The owner of the shop lived in Cherry Hill, NJ and frequently went to NYC for fancy NY products.

The shop sold the products as well.  Was I impressed...not really.  The make-up was not bad, but wasn't any better than the other products I had used in the past.  I do remember that they had a large selection of colors.

I know it's been a while and maybe the product has been improved.  I really don't know. I do know they have been around for quite a while.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The new Il Makiage makeup line is a revamp of the original one. I remember watching the presentations on Q2 back in the 90s. Ilana Harkavi was very talented and I loved watching her do makeovers. I recall she had powder foundation (like MAC Studio Fix), but I don't remember liquid ever being aired. I looked up the ingredients in their new foundation, and it contained aluminum, so I think I will pass.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004