Honored Contributor

Re: Omg Marybeth on beauty show!

I agree, Mary Beth just seems lovely. She does have an amazing figure. She knows exactly what to wear to show off her figure without looking rough.

I've noticed that most of the Vendors that come on the show usually compliment her on how nice she looks (they notice).

Even my best friend (who, unlike me, isn't a QVC nut) talks about how nice Mary Beth always looks. Her nails are always perfectly done, her hair and so on.

She seems like she shows up for work prepared and ready to do her job.

Honored Contributor

That's a great color on her. They just showed a close up of her nails and whoever did her fill did a horrible job.

I hope she didn't pay for that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Mary Beth has always been a very pretty lady, but I swear she gets prettier with age! I like her hair worn like this better than the page boy style, & yes, her body is looking adorable. Looks like Lisa has a bit of competition here, & she is even older and has had 3 kids.

Honored Contributor

That royal blue color was a GREAT color to wear long before Kate Middleton was born. It is very flattering on Mary Beth, but most of us would look great in that color, as well.

Trusted Contributor

One of the real designers (not QVC's designers) was on last week during the early shows on fashion with Jane and Pat and he made the comment that if you are ever having your picture taken, definitely wear a deep blue color. They were showing some tops of his and one was that beautiful deep blue (like Kate Middleton's blue) and he stressed how well the color looks on just about everyone with all varying skin tones.

One of my best blues (and many other women's) is Periwinkle and I learned that about 10 years ago when I owned an adorable periwinkle twinset. Every time I wore that, without fail, I would get compliments all day long. I could even tell that it did wonders for my skintone and really brought out my eyes.

Sure, Kate's "blue' has been around for years but there's no question that it has grown in popularity significantly since she started wearing it. Designers are using it more in their collections and women are choosing to wear it more now than ever. Kate does look positively radiant in it but there's little she doesn't look good in, imo. That woman knows how to dress and does it with exquisite taste, imo. And a number of her clothes are still "off the rack" even though all could be strictly designed solely for her.

Just a quick side note: I really admire Kate for wearing items multiple times. It carries a great message and just adds to her appeal. On the New Zealand/Australia trip, I think they have shown 2 or 3 outfits that she wore at functions back in 2012. I doubt frugality is required of the royals but it's refreshing that Kate feels so comfortable and confident in doing so.

Honored Contributor

She said the other day on the air she is a size 10, lookin good!!! she is 54.

Respected Contributor

On 4/26/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

That royal blue color was a GREAT color to wear long before Kate Middleton was born. It is very flattering on Mary Beth, but most of us would look great in that color, as well.

When I got married, my mother was so adamant that she didn't want a typical "mother of the bride" type dress.

She joined a fitness club and got herself in terrific shape. We didn't know at the time she had MS. Makes me want to cry!

I got married in 1985, and she wore a fabulous dress in just that color of blue. That blue shade has been around a long time, but it's experienced a resurgence.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

She looked great and loved that color on her. She is a very pretty lady.

Valued Contributor

On 4/26/2014 QP Doll said:

Mary Beth has always been a very pretty lady, but I swear she gets prettier with age! I like her hair worn like this better than the page boy style, & yes, her body is looking adorable. Looks like Lisa has a bit of competition here, & she is even older and has had 3 kids.

I don't think there is any competition here. Mary Beth is looks like your average Mom and Lisa R, clearly works out and she is beautiful.

Respected Contributor

On 4/26/2014 gazelle77 said: Here's The Thing..... The blue looks nice.

LOL